The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Tyler Bozak

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I'd be all over it if it means we trade Gagner 

Bozak is an upgrade as he can play C unlike Gagner. We are stuck with Gagner until next year I think. Depends though.

Team like Edm should be looking at Bozak but I think they lack cap space

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Bozak is an upgrade as he can play C unlike Gagner. We are stuck with Gagner until next year I think. Depends though.

Should of been acted year deal for Gags. I find it hard to believe other teams were offering three year deals at the time.

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Teams like the Leafs should be looking at Bozak.  I wish we could dump Gagner.

10 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

No they can swing it, they have just over 10 mil. But he doesn't really solve their problem, they need a winger for McJesus so LD can move back to C more often. 

I could see Edmonton being more interested in James Neal for the same money. 

3 year term would be ideal.  if its 4 years i get concerned.  He is already 32.  a deal to 35 is fine by me then take it year by year. I'd rather give him a higher salary and shorter team.  Say he's offered 4.25-4.5m per for 4 years i'd rather give  him 5-5.25 over 3.

3 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Don't know why they wouldn't. 3 years, $3.2-$4.2m? I could live with that. If they give him anything north of $5m for anything more than 4 years, though, and it's a little egregious.

Just like Beagle, Roussel etc, we can afford to overpay all three to keep the term down. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Granlund Bozak Pettersson

Eriksson Sutter Virtanen

Reaves Beagle Gaudette

Leipsic/Goldobin

Not bad.

I'd still like to see us get a left winger though.

I dunno that is pretty bad. I mean it is expected given where we are in our rebuild but still bad.

Teams are going to key in on Horvat and Boeser because there will be minimal scoring threat from any of the other lines. I think we are in the basement this year but that's ok.

2 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Would this mean gaudette is in the A this year, don’t wanna see him get buried on the 4th line 

4th line is exactly where Gaudette will get to develop!! The key is to fit him into our starting line-up regardless of line# or minutes!!

Archived