The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tavares done with Islanders according to Sportsnet 590 Broadcaster (Toronto)

10 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Bet $$$$ that Canucks win the cup......

Sign some free agents....

Make a couple trades and improve the defence.....

Win the cup in 2019.....

Win a ton of $$$$...

Kovalchuk Tavares Boeser

Maroon Horvat Pettersson
Lucic Sutter Virtanen

Leipsic Gaudette Archibald 

Gaunce 

Edler Berrie 

Hanifin Tanev 

Juolevi Stetcher

Gudbranson 

Markstrom 

Demko 

How do you figure we’ll be able to get Hanifin AND Barrie?

36 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Bet $$$$ that Canucks win the cup......

Sign some free agents....

Make a couple trades and improve the defence.....

Win the cup in 2019.....

Win a ton of $$$$...

Kovalchuk Tavares Boeser

Maroon Horvat Pettersson
Lucic Sutter Virtanen

Leipsic Gaudette Archibald 

Gaunce 

Edler Berrie 

Hanifin Tanev 

Juolevi Stetcher

Gudbranson 

Markstrom 

Demko 

PETTERSSON - TAVARES - BOESER

I hope Tavares knows what he’s in for...

Tavares takes the Canucks out of "Rebuild" mode and puts management into "Build" mode.

55 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

Rather just stay away from jt... Past his prime.

He's past His prime??? Do you mean he's in his prime cause he's still has at least 5-6 great years left in him. 

8 hours ago, stawns said:

how else do they use him?  Does he kill penalties?  Does he protect leads late in the game?  Shutdown opposing players?  When they need a momentum change and need a physical presence, do they put BB out?  Of course not, they put him out for offense and for offense alone, that's his game. 

For some reason you seem to think I'm running him down, or disparaging other parts of his game, I'm not.  I think he's an impact player and couldn't be happier that he's a Canuck 

Saying a player is one dimensional is pretty close to a run down. A one dimensional player is one who is only capable of doing one thing. IE if Brock scored all his goals by waiting for a pass in one spot in the ice, while being a liability in every other aspect of the game, I would agree he's one dimensional. He's not though, he's a pretty well rounded player who excels in scoring. No they don't put him out on the penalty kill, but just because they've got better options in certain situations doesn't make Brock incapable of them. The Sedins killed penalties during their first few years in Vancouver. Then when the West Coast Express dissolved and the Sedins became our number one offensive option, they stopped. Its not that they couldn't kill penalties, its that the circumstances changed. Smart deployment is key. Why would you gas your number one offensive threat by killing penalties when Sutter, Horvat, Eriksson, Granlund, etc can do it?

I'm sorry if this comes across as accusatory, I think you just interpreted my statement of the fact that Boeser will be getting a bigger contract than Horvat as saying he's a more important player. I'm not saying that. Your goaltender is the most important player on the ice, and look how many teams have their goalie making the most money. I'm speaking purely from a market perspective.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

I think the better question is, “How does he figure to win a Cup with Markstrom in net?”

Both good questions. I guess the answer is we don't and we won't so lets just stay on course with the rebuild and make big moves down the road once our prospects have been signed. 

For the fun of it, I'm going to suggest he signs with either Boston, TML, NJD or Anaheim.  NJD would be the interesting one......it wouldn't be a big move and there's enough support and talent in NJ for a shot at the cup.  NJD have lots of cash to spend too. I don't see Tavares going to TO unless he was very confident it would be a cup contending team.

4 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

For the fun of it, I'm going to suggest he signs with either Boston, TML, NJD or Anaheim.  NJD would be the interesting one......it wouldn't be a big move and there's enough support and talent in NJ for a shot at the cup.  NJD have lots of cash to spend too. I don't see Tavares going to TO unless he was very confident it would be a cup contending team.

I think NJ is the best fit for him and I'm 99% sure that's where he signs if he leaves the Islanders. Lots of cap, good young core and some great pieces he can immediately slot in with. The only reason JT doesn't go to NJ is if his wife would rather live in Cali or Nevada.

22 minutes ago, tas said:

if you can flip eriksson for lucic and sign tavares, suddenly the top 6 looks kind of interesting.

lucic-tavares-boeser

baertschi/dahlen-horvat-pettersson

Lol. Lucic is not a first line player. Not even close. 

10 hours ago, TheRocket18 said:

Rather just stay away from jt... Past his prime.

Um, the dude just put up his 3rd highest season point total and he’s only 27. So no, he is absolutely not past his prime. 

34 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Except Lucic sucks. 

29 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lol. Lucic is not a first line player. Not even close. 

he sucks trying to keep up with a racehorse like mcdavid. tavares isn't a blazing speed guy, and lucic could potentially flourish with him or on either of the next 2 lines as well, especially if he follows through on his plan to shed weight and get faster this offseason. 

Just now, tas said:

he sucks trying to keep up with a racehorse like mcdavid. tavares isn't a blazing speed guy, and lucic could potentially flourish with him or on either of the next 2 lines as well, especially if he follows through on his plan to shed weight and get faster this offseason. 

Maybe. But it's not like Lucic looked great with anyone else in the Edmonton lineup. They aren't a fast team. We have many forwards faster than Lucic. He is a relic and has been. I would much rather have a Tom Wilson type. Lucic is a pylon 

Archived