The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Soderstrom, Seider, Broberg, Caufield & Newhook - just to name a few of the guys that may be available!

Im not sure if he reaches us, but man oh man, if we are picking 10 and below, I'd be happy if we got our hands on Alex Turcotte. The kid can absolutely play

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, smokes said:

Hat to say it but this injury is a bit of a blessing for the Canucks. Quinn wasn't sat out and the Canucks don't need to worry about him for the expansion draft.

They weren't going to play him enough to be eligible. They sat Motte last year so he didn't have to go through waivers at the start of this year - I think they know what they're doing.

Our best defensive prospect having a foot injury isn't a blessing.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, smokes said:

Hat to say it but this injury is a bit of a blessing for the Canucks. Quinn wasn't sat out and the Canucks don't need to worry about him for the expansion draft.

There's not even enough games in the season for him to exceed the amount in which he would be eligible for the expansion draft.

14 hours ago, smokes said:

unless we make the playoffs :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

lol I wondered that too. If by miracle the Canucks did sneak in and Hughes is playing, do the playoff games count as part of the 10 games?

I did see that as a concern in the threads here that it would count, but tbh I'm not 100% certain. 

2 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

:emot-parrot:

Man, if we could get Hutton, Baer and Hughes added in some time this week, that'd be a pretty big boost to the team replacing the popsicle sticks and rubber bands we have out there on skates right now.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Man, if we could get Hutton, Baer and Hughes added in some time this week, that'd be a pretty big boost to the team replacing the popsicle sticks and rubber bands we have out there on skates right now.

Its all about next year for me. So all these injuries (besides Hughes and Baer) are helping to show what this team has in some of its bubble players.

Honestly Id be shutting Baer down for the rest of the season. Concussions are weird beasts and theres no point aggravating anything considering we aren't making the playoffs.

Any games for Hughes this year will be good. Not worried about him at all and theres a very high chance he gets into at least 5 games with us which is enough to see the pace of the game and come prepared for next year.

Id also be benching some of the guys that are easily replaceable next year or will be here even if they shouldn't (6M man). Next years lineup has so many moving parts but I see almost no reason for the likes of Spooner, Eriksson, Schaller (waived), Granlund (trade rights), Pouliot(walks) to be here. Guarantees on the wings for the lineup are few, honestly just Boeser, Leivo, Roussel and Virtanen (and Baer if healthy) Probably Motte as well.

Pearson, Sutter, Spooner could all be traded for help on defense. I think Pearson may draw some interest considering his recent play here.

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Its all about next year for me. So all these injuries (besides Hughes and Baer) are helping to show what this team has in some of its bubble players.

Honestly Id be shutting Baer down for the rest of the season. Concussions are weird beasts and theres no point aggravating anything considering we aren't making the playoffs.

Any games for Hughes this year will be good. Not worried about him at all and theres a very high chance he gets into at least 5 games with us which is enough to see the pace of the game and come prepared for next year.

Id also be benching some of the guys that are easily replaceable next year or will be here even if they shouldn't (6M man). Next years lineup has so many moving parts but I see almost no reason for the likes of Spooner, Eriksson, Schaller (waived), Granlund (trade rights), Pouliot(walks) to be here. Guarantees on the wings for the lineup are few, honestly just Boeser, Leivo, Roussel and Virtanen (and Baer if healthy) Probably Motte as well.

Pearson, Sutter, Spooner could all be traded for help on defense. I think Pearson may draw some interest considering his recent play here.

Baer may really want to see the ice and shake some of his agnst off.  At this point he is either ready to play or he will be shut down.  For his sake getting on the oce and being able to play might be a serrious lift going into the offseason.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Baer may really want to see the ice and shake some of his agnst off.  At this point he is either ready to play or he will be shut down.  For his sake getting on the oce and being able to play might be a serrious lift going into the offseason.  

Whether he is able to finish the season symptom free or not; I'm sure he wants to know one way or the other. It will most likely affect his decision making on whether to continue on with his career or not next year; take a year off and see, or hang up the skates. I am really hoping that he has a strong symptom free finish and is back next year and able to continue on playing. He is a valuable piece to the puzzle if he is able to go.

• Upvote 1