The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

The success of GMJB’s draft picks is quite remarkable. The studs we have seen excel in the NCAA alone (Boeser, Gaudette, Hughes, Madden, Demko) leave you shaking your head and wondering how it took so long to have decent talent evaluation and drafting. There were many times over recent years where the canucks had zero prospects of interest in the fold. Truly remarkable what JB and staff are doing. 

For sure.  Benning has put together a solid team of scouts that appear to have a united approach on the kind of players (character/skills) they are searching for.  I think it's unfair for people to call out individual names on the team and credit them as the difference makers.  As the leader of the group, Benning is the guy with the vision who has gathered together a group of scouts that can support his vision.  If the picks are good, the credit often goes to individual scouts, if they're bad, Benning is blamed.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, reyezone said:

The success of GMJB’s draft picks is quite remarkable. The studs we have seen excel in the NCAA alone (Boeser, Gaudette, Hughes, Madden, Demko) leave you shaking your head and wondering how it took so long to have decent talent evaluation and drafting. There were many times over recent years where the canucks had zero prospects of interest in the fold. Truly remarkable what JB and staff are doing. 

I think that our organization has some ins deeply rooted in the USHL NCAA ranks as we somehow always end up with Northeastern guys or have a link to (forgot the name) that USHL program.  

Our Swedish and American scouting is great! 

39 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Granted he's had injury troubles, but any day now he could score his first-ever goal in the NCAA...

image.png.2e32e5a754ee597413694231963f56e4.png

Yes I know....it was a joke! sarcasm.....you know  like funny haha!

It seemed at the time only a few on here were pro Madden...………...I was neither, if I remember, but some guys carried on for days!

But it did not take me long to get on the madden train!

• Haha 2

Madden still has a ways to go to catch Gaudette in terms of a single season point total.

2017-18

Gaudette  38GP  30G  30A  60PTS   1.58P/GP

* Gaudette picked 149th overall in the 2015 NHL draft in round 5

2019-20

Madden  21GP  16G  14A  30PTS  1.4286P/GP

* Madden picked 68th overall in the 2018 NHL draft in round 3

It would be cool if Madden did catch Gaudette.  A couple of great pick ups by Jim Benning no doubt.

Jack Dugan, the Vegas Golden Knight 6'2" 210lb 5th round prospect, is really kicking arse in the NCAA.  Playing at a 1.78 points per game pace right now leading the nation.  Wow.  Great skill and size....damn you Vegas!!!    lol  Only 7 goals  but must be a great set up man.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Madden still has a ways to go to catch Gaudette in terms of a single season point total.

2017-18

Gaudette  38GP  30G  30A  60PTS   1.58P/GP

* Gaudette picked 149th overall in the 2015 NHL draft in round 5

2019-20

Madden  21GP  16G  14A  30PTS  1.4286P/GP

* Madden picked 68th overall in the 2018 NHL draft in round 3

It would be cool if Madden did catch Gaudette.  A couple of great pick ups by Jim Benning no doubt.

Jack Dugan, the Vegas Golden Knight 6'2" 210lb 5th round prospect, is really kicking arse in the NCAA.  Playing at a 1.78 points per game pace right now leading the nation.  Wow.  Great skill and size....damn you Vegas!!!    lol  Only 7 goals  but must be a great set up man.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/overall.php

Stats for top NCAA players

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

It is great to see Madden producing, but the guy leading in scoring was a 5th round pick of Vegas. Once Madden turns pro, that is when I will really start to get more invested in the player to see how he does. Scoring totals in College don't mean they will translate into NHL productive players.

All in all tho, having a good year hope he turns pro and joins Utica this Spring

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Apparently Tyler Motte was quite the goal scorer in the NCAA.  Things don't always translate into scoring at the NHL level.

Yup, but he re-invented himself and has become a key player for us. Motte deserves a multi year extension imo. 

Madden could be an effective NHLer, see him maybe being a threat on the PK, being small/fast and all, wish him all the best going forward when he becomes a pro

• Cheers 1