The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artyom Manukyan | RW

thejazz97

37 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Exactly. I don't mind this pick. A 6th round was a long shot regardless but if we hit we will hit big...

Agreed.  He basically has Kucherov skills but even smaller.  If he can bulk up a bit and the league continues to value speed and skill over size, he has a shot at scoring in the nhl.

Watching some of those clips there is no way this kid is 139lbs.  Russian fake news / alternative facts.  Anywho I like these gambles in the late rounds and Manukyan sounds like something Ken or Ryu would say. 

Image result for ken fireball street fighter

8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Yes. But the Kardashians are whores. Lol. Not something to be proud about!

Indeed, there are whores from many different ethnicities...lol. I would hate the attachment of a whole culture to be on the bloody "kardashians". Armenian, I think of my old time fav band System of a Down. Rock on!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Watching some of those clips there is no way this kid is 139lbs.  Russian fake news / alternative facts.  Anywho I like these gambles in the late rounds and Manukyan sounds like something Ken or Ryu would say. 

Well Judd Brackett did say he is heavier than the 139 lbs he is listed at. Said he is bigger than what he is listed at, but did not really refer to whether it was height and weight or just weight.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 3:23 PM, JC2 said:

He fits  the bill for what they are looking for being highly skilled and fast and he's such a long shot just based on his draft position alone so what the hell. It's more interesting than drafting a bunch of hopeful plugs. 

Out of all the guys we drafted, this is Manukyan is the guy Im most intrigued by since hes such an unknown and a curiousity. If that guy even makes it to Utica and be an option as a call up, thats already a win for the organization

Manukyan, like all our draftees, is a future Calder Cup finalist, until he isn't !! Capt. Futuresight says so. Capt. Hindsight will, of course, see things in a totally different way.

Capt. Futuresight loved Petrus Palmu too and today he has an ELC. He's not always wrong !!

7 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Manukyan, like all our draftees, is a future Calder Cup finalist, until he isn't !! Capt. Futuresight says so. Capt. Hindsight will, of course, see things in a totally different way.

Capt. Futuresight loved Petrus Palmu too and today he has an ELC. He's not always wrong !!

So all of our draftees will make it to the AHL finals?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calder_Cup

Edited by MattJVD
  • Upvote 1

I remember seeing someone say they wanted to see Benning target another Palmu with a late pick, Benning ended up 1 uping himself getting mighty mouse here. Lol. I don't mind drafting high offense little guys with later picks. They are the lowest odd players, may as well swing for the fences. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-06-25 at 10:41 AM, Attila Umbrus said:

Indeed, there are whores from many different ethnicities...lol. I would hate the attachment of a whole culture to be on the bloody "kardashians". Armenian, I think of my old time fav band System of a Down. Rock on!

Very true and I too love System of a Down! 

On 2018-06-25 at 10:26 AM, Tre Mac said:

Lol! That’s so true!