The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

He's not nasty if you're comparing him to Tom Wilson but he is similar to the rat. And size doesn't necessarily equal aggression.

Zegras is a soft perimeter player.  We don’t want him.  

• Wat 2

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zegras is a soft perimeter player.  We don’t want him.  

Zegras is not soft at all. Soft IMO is Boldy.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd take Caufield over any dman not named Byram.  Not even close for me.  If they get Caufield at #10, we should all be jumping for joy.

I agree - any of those 9 I named drop to us I’d prefer them plus Podkozlin who I forgot as well.  

Krebs dropping out though means one of them not fitting the Canucks plans makes it that much more likely we take a defenceman... unless they’re high on newhook or Kaliyev 

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Disagree, maybe not a power fwd from generations past, but this current era doesn't play that way, at all.

Which era does David Backes play in? Brayden Schenn? Two examples of bigger bodied ‘power forwards’ that are playing in the cup final. I know you have unwavering support for the kid and are keen on defending him when poster are negative about him. I for one wanted to see him

succeed and be a part of this club moving forwards but thus far he just hasn’t passed  the eye test for me and I don’t see him

becoming what we all wanted him to

become. But I guess a potential 20 goal scorer over an 82 game span is okay for a 6th overall pick. 

On 6/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, D-Money said:

Yeah, you could be right. The thing with Seider (and Soderstrom, for that matter), is that they already have been playing against men, and doing well. There is a chance that they could be helping the team as soon as any forward, possibly even next season.

NHL - the best of the best - Bigger - Stronger - Faster. The big teams win. The big teams with one scoring line win more. The big teams with one scoring line and lots of scoring from defence win even more.

Tampa is the example of a small fast, highly skilled team. Great in the regular season but yet to win a round in the playoffs, bounced by bigger teams. Cancuks are another, cute, small, fast, look good but just don't win but some fans want to snuggle up to them and keep them safe.:lol:

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Zegras will fill in to his frame too. I don't think he'll be there at our pick though, and I get the feeling Broberg will be off the board too.

There's a higher chance of Caufield, Boldy, and Newhook being available I think. 

Would be happy with all of them. Liking newhook more and more. Boston college will be a great place for his development, playing alongside Zegras too.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

NHL - the best of the best - Bigger - Stronger - Faster. The big teams win. The big teams with one scoring line win more. The big teams with one scoring line and lots of scoring from defence win even more.

Tampa is the example of a small fast, highly skilled team. Great in the regular season but yet to win a round in the playoffs, bounced by bigger teams. Cancuks are another, cute, small, fast, look good but just don't win but some fans want to snuggle up to them and keep them safe.:lol:

Where were you prior to this season? Tampa has been to the Stanley Cup Finals once and Conference Finals twice in the last 5 years - which means they've won 7 rounds in that time. Not many NHL teams have won more rounds in that timeframe, despite getting bounced this year and barely missing the playoffs a couple of years ago.

This year their top 3 D-men were injured. Stralman was out, Hedman only played 2 games, and McDonagh was playing hurt.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Agreed on Newhook.

However Zegras is going to BU. Newhook and Boldy will be at Boston College. 

Hahawas just typing this.

zegras will get to centre farabee though so he’s lined up for a great development path and draft + 1 year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Hahawas just typing this.

zegras will get to centre farabee though so he’s lined up for a great development path and draft + 1 year.

Those are two very exciting duos.

The Zegras-Farabee duo will probably be the more dynamic of the two. Zegras will be feeding Farabee all day. 

• Upvote 1