The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

4 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

No, Sh!t doesn't run down hill it sticks to you, this is another example of the Canucks (Jim Benning ) being very bad at his job. He may be not be the worst GM in the League but he is very close. 

His drafting and trades have been great.  

Big fan of Benning but next season he will have much higher expectations.  Being somewhat competitive won't be good enough, it's time to make the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Big fan of Benning but next season he will have much higher expectations.  Being somewhat competitive won't be good enough, it's time to make the playoffs. 

Well thats more up to the team then him

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well thats more up to the team then him

Actually, I think our current group is playing up to their highest level.  It's up to JB to change the group through trades, draft, and Free Agency to improve them.  I could see JB signing Edler and EK, and trading out Tanev.  Plus, there should be the additions of Hughes and OJ.  We would definitely need another top six forward too.  Maybe Parnarin?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually, I think our current group is playing up to their highest level.  It's up to JB to change the group through trades, draft, and Free Agency to improve them.  I could see JB signing Edler and EK, and trading out Tanev.  Plus, there should be the additions of Hughes and OJ.  We would definitely need another top six forward too.  Maybe Parnarin?

I agree with almost every thing you typed here.

But Horvat, Petey, and Brock should continue to get better as their peak years should be at around 26-28 years old so they should get better.

But i totally agree with the rest. If JB could somehow swing deals for EK and Panarin that would be fantastic. 

If Utica can get healthy again, their lineup doesn't look half bad.  Albeit they are lacking some offensive depth outside of Kero, Boucher, and Gaunce.

But losing Archibald mid season, and not having JB paper down Gaudette, Schenn, and Demko hurts them.

Boucher-Kero-MacEwen

Pyatt-Gaunce-Lind

Bancks-Darcy-Jasek

Gadjovich-Hamilton-Arseneau

Gardiner/Woods

Sautner-Chatfield

McEneny-Graham

Brisebois-Sifers

Leblanc/Saucerman

Mazanec / Leighton

On 3/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Trades?

Wow, Boucher is an amazing AHL player.  

I'm glad that Zack got a taste of the NHL and is continuing his strong play down there. 

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

This opinion will vary from fan to fan.

i personally think the 

dhalen for burrows 

Hansen for goldobin

shinkaruk for grandlund

2nd Rounder for baertchi was good.

Vanek for Motte and... Gudbranson for Pearson :bigblush:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Now that we're semi-officially missing the post season ( all the teams above us would have to be .500 and we'd have to win +/- 12/13 of our final 17 ! ), I wonder what JB will do with his final two call up allowance ( Sautner/ Brisebois already used up two spots ). He must have something in mind, or the non papering of Gaudette just makes no sense at all. Perhaps a better look at MacEwen ? Maybe a stint at @ 4C for Gaunce ? Don't see Chatfield getting a look. Jasek might be a very long shot for a 'look see'. Lind, Gadjovich are ways too far away. Kero ? We shall see I guess. Expect the unexpected !

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Now that we're semi-officially missing the post season ( all the teams above us would have to be .500 and we'd have to win +/- 12/13 of our final 17 ! ), I wonder what JB will do with his final two call up allowance ( Sautner/ Brisebois already used up two spots ). He must have something in mind, or the non papering of Gaudette just makes no sense at all. Perhaps a better look at MacEwen ? Maybe a stint at @ 4C for Gaunce ? Don't see Chatfield getting a look. Jasek might be a very long shot for a 'look see'. Lind, Gadjovich are ways too far away. Kero ? We shall see I guess. Expect the unexpected !

I think Kero might get a look, personally.  He's been solid for Utica all year.

I was surprised they didn't paper Gaudette down, but Im assuming they feel he's here to stay.

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If Utica can get healthy again, their lineup doesn't look half bad.  Albeit they are lacking some offensive depth outside of Kero, Boucher, and Gaunce.

But losing Archibald mid season, and not having JB paper down Gaudette, Schenn, and Demko hurts them.

Boucher-Kero-MacEwen

Pyatt-Gaunce-Lind

Bancks-Darcy-Jasek

Gadjovich-Hamilton-Arseneau

Gardiner/Woods

Sautner-Chatfield

McEneny-Graham

Brisebois-Sifers

Leblanc/Saucerman

Mazanec / Leighton

While not papering down AG was a bit of a head scratcher, to me it looks like a way for them to get Lind and Gadj in there more and get some good experience.

5 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

I like JB but your bolded really sums up his stupid decision making at times.

Why the hell wouldn't he paper Gaudette down??

Mind boggling really. Gives the Benning haters some fuel to keep hating for sure. Moronic decision for "Dim Jim". 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Looks like their offensive power kinda died off last few games, wonder if that's due to losing Dhalen. ZM at least is still playing strong, but other than that for young players it's not looking too good.

They keep on winning. 

This isn’t the 80s where Oilers are beating teams 7-4.... oh and we’re not the Oilers either.