The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign John Tavares

Just now, stawns said:

And bottom 1/3 defense.  The Oilers have proved you can't outscore defensive issues.  Still, great signing for TO.  They will be fun to watch alright

I'm making the logical inference that they will now turn there attention to defensive needs . I think it's premature to assume that their work is done. 

Dubas beat Lamoriello... Again.

Also, watch Matthews, once he gets to UFA, ditch Toronto for his hometown team... Arizona. Now, that'll be a glorious day of karma hahahaha.

That said, happy one fanbase is happy today in TO... And sad one fanbase is hurting harder than us in NYI.

Just now, DontTouchMeGuys said:

I'm making the logical inference that they will now turn there attention to defensive needs . I think it's premature to assume that their work is done. 

maybe, at the cost of one of their young stars

Not sure this makes them a lot better.  They lose JVR,  and Bozak,  and don’t fix their D at all.  Tavares becomes their best player,  no doubt,  and they will score a ton of goals,  but having nearly 40 million tied up with Matthews,  Marner,  Tavares and Nylaner makes it pretty tough to build out the rest of the roster.  

Today’s signings really creates an ability to trade a fwd or two in a package. Also, the lack of depth in FA players should raise the value of a Baer or Granny too. I could see Tanny, Granny & a 2 for Willy. Granny has a 1 year deal & Tanny has 2 left so it’s not going to strap TO long term while Willy should demand somewhere around 5-6/$4-5 per. 

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Dubas beat Lamoriello... Again.

Also, watch Matthews, once he gets to UFA, ditch Toronto for his hometown team... Arizona. Now, that'll be a glorious day of karma hahahaha.

That said, happy one fanbase is happy today in TO... And sad one fanbase is hurting harder than us in NYI.

are we hurting?  It's a huge day for JB and a great one for Canucks fans

Archived