The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

7 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Most of the articles appear to be circulating with online news sites based in India.  My guess is that it's likely a rumour that India is trying to start.

Letting the pla dictate the terms within the ccp would be worse than what's currently there with the ccp, if that can even be fathomed.  Nothing could possibly be worse than the militaristic arm of ideological terrorists running the show.

I dont know how legit the rumours are but would be quite the thing to happen if true.

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This *$$hole ripped off welfare funds intended for the poor and this story is getting about 5% of the attention Michael Vick's dog fighting case got. I wonder why?

Kudos to Sirius.

good on em.  people claim he didn't know, but those text messages say otherwise

Whatever was going on in China seems to be resolved. Apparently air traffic going into Bejing has resumed. Still no public appearances of Xi Jinping for a number of days. 

Xi must be putting the final touches on China's plans to annex Siberia from Russia. :) 

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

"“We are concerned and deeply regret this incident,” said Akhmad Hadian Lukita, president director of PT Liga Indonesia Baru, known as LIB. “We share our condolences and hopefully this will be a valuable lesson for all of us.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/01/world/asia/indonesia-soccer-football-dead-arema-persebaya-surabaya.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20221001&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=56405277&segment_id=108735&user_id=dc88543b79693b0f05322365a827e237

A valuable lesson?  Yeah, don't go to Indonesian soccer games!   Good Lord.