The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

I heard the Chinese created a weather machine. 

Excuse me while I put on my tin foil hat.

:P

I'm pretty sure this whole Polar Vortex was caused because Xi had all 1.4 Billion of them open their fridges at the same time...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm pretty sure this whole Polar Vortex was caused because Xi had all 1.4 Billion of them open their fridges at the same time...

that explains the weird fortune cookie I had last week "you make arrest, you be colder than the rest". 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That explains it. Barely any snow and then like 30cm within a couple of days.

Clearly @smokes shares the blame for my strife, he will surely accuse me of racism but I am just telling it like it is.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Empire' star Jussie Smollett: Attackers yelled, 'This is MAGA country' during beating

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/01/29/empire-star-jussie-smollett-assaulted-possible-homophobic-attack/2709986002/

I don't know the show Empire at all. 

Poor dude. 

I never heard of this guy.  There are a lot of really bad people in the world, and too many of them seem to like hurting others.  Often it's cowardly acts like this one, where a young man is attacked by thugs.  The article says the guy is healing well from the cuts and bruises, but What about the way he must feel now?  I doubt those scars will ever heal.  

I hope the police catch the cowards who committed this crime, and do punish them for a hate crime.

I read the insulting posts some find they are allowed to write to others on CDC, and think there is not much difference from insulting or demeaning someone over a public forum, than what these thugs did.  I guess there will always be a group of people who think it's okay to harm others, whether physically, emotionally, or otherwise.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I never heard of this guy.  There are a lot of really bad people in the world, and too many of them seem to like hurting others.  Often it's cowardly acts like this one, where a young man is attacked by thugs.  The article says the guy is healing well from the cuts and bruises, but What about the way he must feel now?  I doubt those scars will ever heal.  

I hope the police catch the cowards who committed this crime, and do punish them for a hate crime.

I read the insulting posts some find they are allowed to write to others on CDC, and think there is not much difference from insulting or demeaning someone over a public forum, than what these thugs did.  I guess there will always be a group of people who think it's okay to harm others, whether physically, emotionally, or otherwise.

It's sick, truly disgusting.

I don't believe in hell but after reading stories like this I wish I could.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Empire' star Jussie Smollett: Attackers yelled, 'This is MAGA country' during beating

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/01/29/empire-star-jussie-smollett-assaulted-possible-homophobic-attack/2709986002/

I don't know the show Empire at all. 

Poor dude. 

LMAO at the comment section... What a marvelous country!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah I am thinking about 600 million don't have fridges....seeing as they barely have food :p 

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

LMAO at the comment section... What a marvelous country!

It’s sadly true the USA is clearly having issues currently with terrible people feeling justified doing horrible things to others.  There are plenty of really good people down there too.  The good ones really need to weed out the bad ones.  

• Cheers 2

http://archive.is/wamZa#selection-825.0-825.89

Good to see media hacks losing their jobs, if writing about fake news and undermining the majority’s values is “work”. 

This one is about the red hat wearing hate criminal- kid who happened to be marched up to by some liar who was banging on a drum. 

The Art of the Narrative. 

People are waking up to MSM’s agenda. 

Can we thank Trump for that? 

The whole supposed Red Pill movement has parts of equal counterculture “pills” too.

All sides share a component of distrust of the MSM and globalism.

I won’t go into what trouble I think the universities have coming their way once Gen Z takes hold of them for good and mocks the Marxist culture and products they have been mass producing. 

Good times. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

On 1/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, bishopshodan said:

It's sick, truly disgusting.

I don't believe in hell but after reading stories like this I wish I could.

I have been following this since I live close by and something is off with this story.

CPD has dozen detectives working on this case and with all the surveillance they should find out what happened.

Edited by CBH1926

29 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I have been following this since I live close by and something is off with this story.

CPD has dozen detectives working on this case and with all the surveillance they should find out what happened.

I'm getting a hint of that. Hope they get a break and get it clearly figured out. 

The story is sick.

The idea that it could be a fabricated story is even worse, especially in these sensitive times.

• Upvote 1

It's people like this that give religion a bad name:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/couple-and-teen-arrested-for-death-of-boy-7-after-punishing-him-over-memorizing-bible-verses

A Wisconsin couple and their son have been arrested in the death of a 7-year-old boy in their care, after they allegedly punished him for not memorizing Bible verses.

Timothy and Tina Hauschultz and their 15-year-old son made the 7-year-old, whose name was Ethan, hold a 44-pound log for two hours every day for a week, Newsweek reports. While being monitored during his punishment, a medical examiner believes that the teen hit and kicked the younger boy 100 times, rolled the heavy log over his chest and stood on his head and body while Ethan was face-down in a puddle. He then allegedly buried him in "his own little coffin of snow." Ethan died in April 2018 of hypothermia and blunt force trauma.

The Hauschultz's son has been charged with first-degree reckless homicide, while his father Timothy, 48, is charged with felony murder and felony contributing to the delinquency of a child. Both the father and son face an additional number of charges. Tina, 35, is charged with failing to prevent bodily harm and intentionally contributing to the delinquency of a child.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child"....<_<

16 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's people like this that give religion a bad name:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/couple-and-teen-arrested-for-death-of-boy-7-after-punishing-him-over-memorizing-bible-verses

"Spare the rod, spoil the child"....<_<

This brought me to tears. 

I have 4 sons and cannot fathom a situation where they would do this. I do not have a brother, but seeing my sons bond as they grow has been one of the greatest joys of my life. 

This story is horrible, barbaric, and utterly disgusting. In what universe can they take the of teachings of Jesus and pervert it so far? His whole deal is love, forgiveness, grace and joy. 

SMH.

• Upvote 2

Shaming of sexual assault survivor sparked X-Men, Axemen brawl, says player

*warning, language in the video in the article. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/ns-hockey-brawl-over-shaming-sexual-assault-survivor-1.5005711

Although perhaps appropriate, I thought it was in bad taste for the DJ to be playing the Rocky theme while they tried to get this under control. The comments on the ice may have been in worse taste. Goading guys into a penalty or fight has to have it's limits. Although there are two sides to this story....the opposing team disputes these claims. 

US media likes to portray hockey as a series of fights interspersed with the odd bit of skating and shooting, (and the above story posted by Dan doesn't help :wacko:) but they have no idea....

...we even treat Bingo like it's life or death:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/bingo-brawl-erupts-between-seniors-over-seating/ar-BBTfnwo?li=AArWeBz

Members of the Rideau Lakes OPP detachment were called to a long-term care facility after a reported brawl during a bingo game.

According to police, the incident happened at an unnamed long-term care home in Rideau Lakes Township around 1 p.m. on Tuesday.

Police say a "physical dispute" began between a 79-year-old woman and an 86-year-old woman over seating arrangements during a game of bingo.

Police say the dispute led to an argument, which then prompted some of the other residents in the room to become involved in a brawl.

Despite the number of people involved, police say there were no serious injuries reported and no charges were laid after an investigation.

I have this mental image of the two old girls rolling up their sleeves, dropping their dabbers and then chucking the knuckles, while the other patrons start pairing off and grabbing ahold of each other's sleeves, while watching the two main combatants....B)

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6650299/Sarah-Palin-leads-outrage-Virginia-abortion-bill-sponsor-proposed-termination-BIRTH.html

Democrats are into killing babies, fresh out of womb. 

Listen to the video. 

Nevermind abortion, actual, delivered babies are to be killed. 

The Tolerant Left. 

24 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6650299/Sarah-Palin-leads-outrage-Virginia-abortion-bill-sponsor-proposed-termination-BIRTH.html

Listen to the video. 

The Tolerant Left. 

If I recall correctly it is said that listening to Sarah Palin speak kills brain cells. But I think we may need to call in our resident expert on this, @canuckistaniwhat does science say about the long term effects of clicking on a video staring Sarah Palin? I think Ms. Palin is where science meets its match. B)

Edited by Toews

22 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Listen to the video. 

The Tolerant Left. 

oh come on man, you can't say the entire left are baby killers. Thats utterly ridiculous. The bill got squished in committee, of you know, democrats.