The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the Canucks Go After Panarin?

Rindiculous

Add Panarin, and then make some trades? Well, Benning and the owners apparently were interested in acquiring Karlsson, Kane, Tavares or Subban etc. So, they aren't shy about going after a big name if it will help the team. It's whether or not this big name wants to play here.

Panarin - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Pettersson - Goldobin

Nice Top 6  :)

He's only 26 and seems to be gaining in production. 87 points last season that is 

We are probably one of the few teams who could afford him  - I would do it in a flash. Man he is the missing forward piece imo, the guy is a playmaker AND a goal scorer.

We also have one Russian and potentially 3 who could be on this team next season.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Panarin - Pettersson - Goldobin

That makes me ........... (forum etiquette forbids me to finish this :lol:)

I honestly don't think he'll make it to free agency. I think he'll be traded and immediately get signed by that team. I don't see a team trading for him without getting to talk extension with him and having it in place first (as Ottawa did with Burrows). And I don't see Columbus letting him walk for nothing.

I don't get the "I want to play here or there" attitude of some players. Sure, players have preferences where they might want to play, but this is the NHL. Playing for any team is huge. Some veteran players might feel they want to go to a contender, but was there a lineup of players thinking Vegas was going all the way last year? No, they all seem to want to play for Pittsburgh, Tampa, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Jose, etc. If it's about wanting to play on a future contender in front of real hockey fans in a filled building on Hockey Night in Canada, in a beautiful city that has so much to offer, including decent winter tempts - then Vancouver would be the place to be.

Because greedy players like Kane and Karlsson chose to play for San Jose, I hope they never win the Cup. I'm still miffed that Karlssson didn't have one Canadian team on his list. He wants to hide, out of the public eye and collect his multi-millions while his new team wins a Cup for him.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't get the "I want to play here or there" attitude of some players. Sure, players have preferences where they might want to play, but this is the NHL. Playing for any team is huge. Some veteran players might feel they want to go to a contender, but was there a lineup of players thinking Vegas was going all the way last year? No, they all seem to want to play for Pittsburgh, Tampa, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Jose, etc. If it's about wanting to play on a future contender in front of real hockey fans in a filled building on Hockey Night in Canada, in a beautiful city that has so much to offer, including decent winter tempts - then Vancouver would be the place to be.

Because greedy players like Kane and Karlsson chose to play for San Jose, I hope they never win the Cup. I'm still miffed that Karlssson didn't have one Canadian team on his list. He wants to hide, out of the public eye and collect his multi-millions while his new team wins a Cup for him.

I don't blame him at all. Lower taxes, lower cost of living, and he can go out without getting hounded by fans. There's plenty of Canadian players that choose not to play in Canada and even stay in the US after retirement.

11 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I don't blame him at all. Lower taxes, lower cost of living, and he can go out without getting hounded by fans. There's plenty of Canadian players that choose not to play in Canada and even stay in the US after retirement.

Have you lived in the bay area? Their cost of living is so high that Vancouver is actually a cheap place to live.

4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Yzerman has or is retiring. In case you missed it.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Actually did miss that, reading he's staying on the remainder of the year in an advisory role while Brisebois takes the reins.

So honestly...little to no change at all.  Same management core.

I expect he works with the Red Wings in some capacity after July 1st 2019 ;) 

I don't even think he's going to make it to free agency. I'm pretty sure a team will pick him up before the deadline and that club will have about half a year to convince him to resign. They probably talk about that before the trade even happens. One thing though, I'm sure Columbus is not just going to let him walk.

30 minutes ago, smokes said:

I don't even think he's going to make it to free agency. I'm pretty sure a team will pick him up before the deadline and that club will have about half a year to convince him to resign. They probably talk about that before the trade even happens. One thing though, I'm sure Columbus is not just going to let him walk.

Columbus has stated that they're not going to trade him, but that could just be a PR move though.

10 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Columbus has stated that they're not going to trade him, but that could just be a PR move though.

Sens said they wouldn't trade Karlsson of couse they would say that. Can you imagine the locker room if they said otherwise?

Archived