The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*UPDATE* Elias Pettersson Has Slight MCL Sprain

Zigmund.Palffy

5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah but not by much with the exception of Tanev... 

Are you kidding? Tanev has had one minus year in all his seasons on some terrible Canuck teams. They guy is our best defenseman. 

25 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Seems like one of those "accidentally on purpose" kind of moves.  The Canucks should start doing it too.

I remember hearing on the radio years about deterrents and whether or not there's a need for enforcers.  I think it was Ferraro that said the best deterrent is to do tic for tac.  Your stars get targeted, you target their stars.  Eventually the star players will be telling those cheapshot players (or the ones doing the physical stuff) to tone it down.  

It should have been a penalty, no doubt. Interference or maybe obstruction?

But I don't believe he slew footed, or bent his knee on purpose. This isn't Tom Wilson or Matt Cook head hunting, or knee on knee level dangerous. 

Tame compared to any real dangerous play. Just unfortunate he tweaked his knee in a half spirited tussle.

Please stop proclaiming Gudbranson as a good player. 

Dude is a net negative player in every possible metric or whatever assessment tool you use.

Eye test, basic stats, advanced stats.

Unless you think being a good canadian kid who throws occasional big hitz constitutes being a good defenseman, he is not one.

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

Dude is a net negative player in every possible metric or whatever assessment tool you use.

Unless you think being a good canadian kid who throws occasional big hitz constitutes being a good defenseman, he is not one.

Sad but true. Very true.

12 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

29 other teams would take him off our hands in a heartbeat. He is big and tough, no one screens the goalie when he’s on the ice.  I like him on our team. 

37 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Ironic this post comes from a poster named Tom Sestito   :picard:

2 hours ago, Dr. J. said:

I don't care if the hit wasn't dirty, Kotkaniemi was taking liberties with the Canucks' best player. Someone should stuff his teeth down his throat and then we will see if he takes liberties again. If you don't deal with an incident like this by taking the law into your own hands, everyone will be taking liberties. I do not like the Canucks' new-found pacifism.

New-found?  Sounds like much of the sedin era to me, not ALL but much. As in the first part of your paragraph, agree there too.

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

They are going to amputate his leg :/

That's it?  Whoa that was close!  Both legs gone would have really slowed him down, just down one brings him down to being an average player... meh...  bet he still pots 20g a season though

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Seems like one of those "accidentally on purpose" kind of moves.  The Canucks should start doing it too.

I remember hearing on the radio years about deterrents and whether or not there's a need for enforcers.  I think it was Ferraro that said the best deterrent is to do tic for tac.  Your stars get targeted, you target their stars.  Eventually the star players will be telling those cheapshot players (or the ones doing the physical stuff) to tone it down.  

Bure and Gino had one of those moments.  Gino talked about it at the Ice Guardians showing.

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

My post that you quoted mentions the lack of swelling and pain and stiffness. 

I also prefaced it with I'm just going based off video observation. In the sportsnet video he is wearing super tight pants that wouldn't (or shouldn't) fit around a swollen knee, his knee is bending in a way a stiff, torn meniscus knee wouldn't bend, and he's loading it. 

He totally could have a purple, swollen knee under those pants and bending his knee like that is super painful but he's hopped up on painkillers. We can only observe what we're shown.

I wear tight pants too, you could never tell my knee was a little swollen underneath. There's no way you could tell if his knee swollen from a torn meniscus while he's wearing pants lol.

Torn ACL or MCL would be a way different story.

A torn meniscus isn't really something that you can pick up without an MRI.

16 minutes ago, dank.sinatra said:

I wear tight pants too, you could never tell my knee was a little swollen underneath. There's no way you could tell if his knee swollen from a torn meniscus while he's wearing pants lol.

Had  arthroscopic surgery on both my knees for torn meniscus and torn meniscus lining...

Healed up great.  I play 50 games a year of ice hockey and my knees are awesome.......

16 minutes ago, dank.sinatra said:

Actually most are diagnosed with history and physical exam by orthopaedic surgeon.  MRI will confirm suspicions and determine severity or significant swelling can limit the physical exam.  

28 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Bure and Gino had one of those moments.  Gino talked about it at the Ice Guardians showing.

100 % correct.

Canucks need to respond immediately by targeting a top skill player on the opponents team.

See how much the Habs like it when Price is getting bumped and tangled up when the puck is not near him.........

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

I was at that Gino game !!!  Ballistic is indeed the right word

Those were the days. - Bure's "mother of all elbows",  Linden checking a player thru the glass.

Make the Canucks great again 

One of my favourite TL moments

Archived