The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*UPDATE* Elias Pettersson Has Slight MCL Sprain

Zigmund.Palffy

40 minutes ago, Sandro17 said:

Thinking positively -

• At least its not a concussion, Pettersons' greatest weapon is his mind.
  • Other hockey players have comeback from worse
  • Coach said he'll probably be back in a week (Something to that effect)
  • Gives the team a challenge and learning opportunity not to just rely on one player (We need to have that mentality of playing even harder when our stars are out)
  • Shows us how important Petterson has been
  • Reminds JB to get an enforcer...or 10

Just get that pirate looking guy on the team and take over some other player that won't defend Pettersson from himself.

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They're beatable with their tire fire on defense.  Look at Team Canada for what happens when your ice a D group with six defensive liabilities.

Looks like they're also on their 3rd string goalie.  It's no lock for the Laffs, IMO

I once sprained my MCL while skating (caught a rut, twisted weird - I'm a lousy skater). It felt weird/sore immediately afterwards, but I could still skate and walk on it fine, thought I just pulled something, and it wasn't serious.

Went home, watched some TV, went to bed. I only realized how serious it was when I went to have a shower in the morning - I could not lift my knee high enough to get my leg over the edge of the tub.

So Elias being able to walk without a limp the night of doesn't mean there's nothing wrong...although it should rule out something as serious as a tear. But today will show if there's something that requires some games off. Even if it is a light sprain, I'd rather he rest it and get 100% before playing another minute.

50 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am never speaking French again or using French's mustard

/book it

i think it more appropriate you refuse to ever speak finnish again

or eat Lihapullat muusilla ja puolukkahillolla (Meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam)

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We should talk to Dr. Recchi and see what he thinks.

i think on cdc board

the final opinion belongs to

HerrDrFunk

Just from a physical therapist's perspective (I'm not a doctor, I'm aware):

-Feeling better today than yesterday

-No major swelling

-Sitting with the knee bent, walking without limp, no assistance in getting up from chair (this is the biggest indicator, you can walk fine but having to load and stand is a very difficult task with a torn ligament)

-Showing up for a pre-booked media obligation (and the fact the team let him)

- No emergency MRI

All signs point to a strained patellar tendon (with how sudden and extreme the knee flexed) or injury to the PCL (given he fell on the knee while it was flexed). 

Again, just going based off of observations of him today in video, and video of him falling during the game. 

The fact he's doing media in a nice suit, getting in and out of cars and chairs and bending the knee all point to no tears and no long term damage

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Just from a physical therapist's perspective (I'm not a doctor, I'm aware):

-Feeling better today than yesterday

-No major swelling

-Sitting with the knee bent, walking without limp, no assistance in getting up from chair (this is the biggest indicator, you can walk fine but having to load and stand is a very difficult task with a torn ligament)

-Showing up for a pre-booked media obligation (and the fact the team let him)

- No emergency MRI

All signs point to a strained patellar tendon (with how sudden and extreme the knee flexed) or injury to the PCL (given he fell on the knee while it was flexed). 

Again, just going based off of observations of him today in video, and video of him falling during the game. 

The fact he's doing media in a nice suit, getting in and out of cars and chairs and bending the knee all point to no tears and no long term damage

You taking on new patients?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Oh my god. He's being interviewed by Nick Kypreos. His mind will definitely be injured after that. Run Elias, RUN!

Nah Petey will give him the death stare and that will give Nick another concussion and be all like...

BEABA0C1-1469-4C1A-9CC8-E2863DB1DA91.jpeg

Archived