The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*UPDATE* Elias Pettersson Has Slight MCL Sprain

Zigmund.Palffy

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hear what you are saying.  However the Dallas players were cheap shotting Bure all game long.  So he fought back.  Nobody touched him again the entire game.  I'm not saying Bure was a tough guy in terms of talking the gloves off and actually fighting, but he definitely was able to take care of himself in his own way.  Back in the day this is what had to be done.  If Bure never pushed back back in those days he would have ended up in a wheelchair...

Well Bure came from Red Army so I am sure he had lots of training. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hear what you are saying.  However the Dallas players were cheap shotting Bure all game long.  So he fought back.  Nobody touched him again the entire game.  I'm not saying Bure was a tough guy in terms of talking the gloves off and actually fighting, but he definitely was able to take care of himself in his own way.  Back in the day this is what had to be done.  If Bure never pushed back back in those days he would have ended up in a wheelchair...

Churla broke his stick on Courtnall slashing him, thats what the elbow was about.

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The knock on Gudbrandson, that may have merit is the fancy stats, or analytics.

Analyticzzz for those who disdain guys who reach over reading their computer calculations of an ideal player.

Can he lug the puck out of pressure, make the correct read and pass are the skills that come to question. Puck play and effect with the puck. But he is a great athlete for a big guy. Plenty of mobility yes.  

He sucks by the eye test too.

In regards to the questions you asked, he sucks at those things too. I have no idea how you can watch him play and conclude that he's got good puck skills and passing ability. 

I understand being a fan and wanting to support everything, but the guy is the worst defenseman who has played consistent minutes for us in at least a decade. Eye test, normal stats, advanced stats, contract vs production... he fails in every aspect.

But his canadian kid/60 stat is great.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1693291/canucks-pettersson-diagnosed-with-slight-knee-sprain

Vancouver Canucks phenom Elias Pettersson has a slight sprain in his MCL, head coach Travis Green told reporters after a loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

"It's not too bad. Probably as good news as we could have hoped for," Green said.

Pettersson sat out Saturday's game after suffering the injury Thursday night against the Montreal Canadiens.

----------

https://www.cbssports.com/g00/fantasy/hockey/news/canucks-elias-pettersson-mri-reveals-slight-mcl-sprain/?i10c.ua=4&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d

Pettersson is only expected to miss one or two weeks with a sprained MCL, Lance Hornby of The Toronto Sun reports.

The Canucks don't play again until Thursday. If the young dynamo is able to return in one week's time, he will have only missed a couple of games, but chances are he'll miss a bit more time. We'll continue to monitor Pettersson's status and issue updates as they become available, but this news is definitely positive for all parties involved.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hmmm, wondering why this isn't news elsewhere?  Or how Toronto knows before anyone else?

Both articles are only from within the last hour, so I suspect it's coming soon from the usual sources?

21 minutes ago, Rahvin said:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1693291/canucks-pettersson-diagnosed-with-slight-knee-sprain

Vancouver Canucks phenom Elias Pettersson has a slight sprain in his MCL, head coach Travis Green told reporters after a loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

"It's not too bad. Probably as good news as we could have hoped for," Green said.

Pettersson sat out Saturday's game after suffering the injury Thursday night against the Montreal Canadiens.

----------

https://www.cbssports.com/g00/fantasy/hockey/news/canucks-elias-pettersson-mri-reveals-slight-mcl-sprain/?i10c.ua=4&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d

Pettersson is only expected to miss one or two weeks with a sprained MCL, Lance Hornby of The Toronto Sun reports.

The Canucks don't play again until Thursday. If the young dynamo is able to return in one week's time, he will have only missed a couple of games, but chances are he'll miss a bit more time. We'll continue to monitor Pettersson's status and issue updates as they become available, but this news is definitely positive for all parties involved.

Whewwww!

Archived