The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler And Ducks..

wildcam

The only thing that was missed in the Kesler trade was a conditional pick if he resigned. They got about the best value they could have for 2 years of his services after he made such a big deal of going off to chase a Cup, but then he turned around and cashed in.

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I can't be more happier to look at how Ducks are sinking..

Kesler ran out of town after signing a contract and handcuffed Vancouver..

He wanted to win a cup and asked for trade to Ducks or Pittsburgh..

Pittsburgh was up against cap so it was Ducks he was dealt to..

Never wins his cup....Yippie and they will not win a cup...

2018-19 GP 44 -- 6 points - ( 6.7 million)  37 years old worst contract in league.  3 more years ..lol

As bad as those stats look, it's much worse. He actually had a decent start.

Only 1 point in his last 31 games.

I was a fan of Kesler when he was here. The guy played his ass off here. He had a NTC, given to him by Gillis, so he earned the right to choose where he wanted to go.

No issue with the guy as a Canuck, but have heard as a person, he's an immense douchenozzle.

1 hour ago, ktcy2 said:

Stop the hate on this man. I don’t know how old you all are but we wouldn’t have been on the 2011 run without him. He cried after the loss and was business the whole way through the playoffs.

People have the right to choose where they play, he didn’t have to be loyal to the Nucks just because a contract was signed - demanding a trade is normal in a business perspective. 

Vancouver is not the only place on earth, is not the center of universe nor is it even near one of the more desirable places to play or live in. Just because we are living here for various reasons doesn’t mean Kesler had to want to. The team was going down hill so why hate him for not staying? Out of what, because you are hurt that a worldclass player didn’t want to play for your team?

Kes put in words what most people were thinking. The Canucks had to do a rebuuild and most did not want to hear about it. The fact that he wanted a legit shot at a CUP is a testament to his desire to win. Canucks weren't going to do that even if he had stayed. Fans should remember how many games he and Burr had to take shots on the chin to change the culture of the team when they broke in. Kesler was one of the best at his position in his heyday, to bad it didn't work out for him in Anaheim. I checked their stats more for how Bieksa was doing than Kesler. 

1 hour ago, ktcy2 said:

Stop the hate on this man. I don’t know how old you all are but we wouldn’t have been on the 2011 run without him. He cried after the loss and was business the whole way through the playoffs.

People have the right to choose where they play, he didn’t have to be loyal to the Nucks just because a contract was signed - demanding a trade is normal in a business perspective. 

Vancouver is not the only place on earth, is not the center of universe nor is it even near one of the more desirable places to play or live in. Just because we are living here for various reasons doesn’t mean Kesler had to want to. The team was going down hill so why hate him for not staying? Out of what, because you are hurt that a worldclass player didn’t want to play for your team?

Vancouver still better than your favorite city.  Keep being triggered though. 

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Vancouver still better than you're favorite city.  Keep being triggered though. 

Vancouver and the area (not so much Surrey) are clearly great places to live.  I wonder though, for NHL hockey player, if our market is the best for them, if they have families?  It can be kind of crazy here.  In those US markets the players, and (more important to them) their families can be anonymous.  

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

I can't be more happier to look at how Ducks are sinking..

Kesler ran out of town after signing a contract and handcuffed Vancouver..

He wanted to win a cup and asked for trade to Ducks or Pittsburgh..

Pittsburgh was up against cap so it was Ducks he was dealt to..

Never wins his cup....Yippie and they will not win a cup...

2018-19 GP 44 -- 6 points - ( 6.7 million)  37 years old worst contract in league.  3 more years ..lol

I am glad I am not your ex.

1 hour ago, ktcy2 said:

No they don't. 

1 hour ago, ktcy2 said:

I think it is more about giving a list of two teams. He put the team in a pretty tough spot. I agree he has the right to make the request/demand/etc. but regardless still garner a small amount of enjoyment out of him not winning a cup after jumping ship haha

Archived