The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jake Muzzin to Maple Leafs for Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzi's rights, 1st-round pick

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

JB missed out. I don't see why he couldn't have gotten at least something close to this for Tanev. 

How do you know the Leafs were interested in Tanev? If you have some inside information, you can share it with us.

Leas paid the price to get their guy.  I think it's important to keep in mind that now not only do they have the advantage of having the asset, they don't have to worry about one of their opponents having that advantage. I think this  "double edged" benefit is part of the appeal/value in spots like this.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

His 5 on 5 numbers are better than Poughty's.

Meaning he's actually more effective without DD.

DD feasts on the powerplay - literally all 5 of his goals are on the man advantage and 10 of his 22 assists - more than half his production on the man advantage.

At 5 on 5 Doughty's on ice goals for is 1.7 per 60 (anemic), goals against is 2.4.   Muzzin is 2.8 and 2.0.

DD's corsi is 48.1% with 48.2% ozone starts.  Muzzins are 50.5 corsi with 43% ozone starts.

Muzzin also leads that team in hits and blocks....

I like the move for the Leafs = long overdue but better late than never.

Lol

I knew youd you’d take the opportunity to bash poughty....I find it entertaining.

i guess the reasonable question is: when bob nicholson does his thing who is he going to go with?

2 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

How do you know the Leafs were interested in Tanev? If you have some inside information, you can share it with us.

It's Tampa that wants Tanev....and they want to give up Cernak or Foote as a principal....we'll even take the Coburn contract off their hands in the process....for the right price.

(I'm making this shizz up, btw...)

Thank you Toronto for poking them.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Lol

I knew youd you’d take the opportunity to bash poughty....I find it entertaining.

Forget the comedy part though and look at the objectives of it.

I'm not Leaf-fluffer - by any stretch of the imagination - and this is their asset (now) that I'm talking about.  That would trump exposing Poughty if the point were to sandbag someone as a slant.

Edited by oldnews

3 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Sellers market, yeesh.

I don't see why Edler would be opposed to spending a couple months in a different jersey... 

Exactly, its F-ing selfish. Spend a couple months trying to win a cup and come back to a team that he wants to be a part of long term, or just be a stubborn child and stay put, probably piss off the fanbase, and risk not getting a contract to come back home. Add to the fact that the assets coming back will benefit Edler in his latter years here. Wouldn't you want to improve your situation of your workplace by helping the team? Edler should be burned to the stake if he doesn't waive, it clearly shows its all about him and not the long term plans for the team

• Wat 4

11 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Wtf this guy was worth this much? All other GM’s shopping for dmen prob pissed at that price point.

This is a 22-23 minute defenseman for the past five years.

One with really good 'possession' numbers, goal metrics, grit....

20th in Norris running a couple years ago.

A Stanley Cup for experience.

Welcome to market value imo, and the lower end of it.

Why do people believe this is a heavy price?  

From my viewpoint, I don't see a principal worth Muzzin in this deal.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3