The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jake Muzzin to Maple Leafs for Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzi's rights, 1st-round pick

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Forget the comedy part though and look at the objectives of it.

I'm not Leaf-fluffer - by any stretch of the imagination - and this is their asset (now) that I'm talking about.  That would trump exposing Poughty if the point were to sandbag someone as a slant.

Ya I agree with you.  It’s a very sensible and necessary move for the leafs.  Just pointing out your penchant for factually throwing shade on DD....it’s historic.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Canckelhead said:

Muzzin is a very good defence man and tough as nails..... great deal for the leafs

[/spolier]

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

This is a 22-23 minute defenseman for the past five years.

One with really good 'possession' numbers, goal metrics, grit....

20th in Norris running a couple years ago.

A Stanley Cup for experience.

Why do people believe this is a heavy price?  

From my viewpoint, I don't see a principal worth Muzzin in this deal.

I obviously don’t watch him enough but he always seemed to be on the wrong end of plays in games I’ve watched.

Edited by HI5

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Oh man   if muzzin is worth this much we better move both edler and tanev and cash in.

Re sign Edler in the offseason and have Hughes take over for Tanev.

Sorry, but did you forget we're actually IN the playoffs right now?

While I don't expect the team to be in the playoffs come April, it means JB is not going to deep 6 the d core for parts at this stage of the game.  4 weeks from now that may change

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry, but did you forget we're actually IN the playoffs right now?

While I don't expect the team to be in the playoffs come April, it means JB is not going to deep 6 the d core for parts at this stage of the game.  4 weeks from now that may change

Sorry but do you actually think this team will beat any of the other playoff teams if we do make it?

I love the playoffs.  But I also like winning in the playoffs.  This team isnt built to win or go deep into the playoffs.  In 1-2 years that's when our window opens.  Trade our 2 best chips and add more young guys to our core.

As it stands right now,  this team will get bounced in the 1st round,  I'd rather keep building on what we have.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Exactly, its F-ing selfish. Spend a couple months trying to win a cup and come back to a team that he wants to be a part of long term, or just be a stubborn child and stay put, probably piss off the fanbase, and risk not getting a contract to come back home. Add to the fact that the assets coming back will benefit Edler in his latter years here. Wouldn't you want to improve your situation of your workplace by helping the team? Edler should be burned to the stake if he doesn't waive, it clearly shows its all about him and not the long term plans for the team

Burned at the stake? Seriously?   He took less money on his contract to have the security of a NTC.  I don’t begrudge any player who exercises their NTC. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1