The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Gaud coming up?

Alflives

12 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Sutter needs to stay healthy so we can dup him. I don't even care about what he brings to the team when he plays because he doesn't play much.

He's a great character guy and all, and personally I think he's a cool dude. But he's never been healthy and just hasn't meshed well with the youth movement. He does a lot of the valuable things for us but at the end of the day he's definitely expendable.

6 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

The thread is about Hockey Gaud coming up........

I know I just find it strange management didn't bother correcting this by signing any 'ham & egger' to a contract (don't we still have more than 3 contract slots available?).  It wasn't like this potential problem happened overnight, they haven't replaced the goalie they "lost" when Demko got promoted.  Yeah, the plan was to send that goalie they got down but he got claimed weeks ago.  No plan was in place to replace him.

3 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Have to Granlund is a serviceable winger... Not a 3rd line center. Our 3rd last night was invisible. Usually one of our better lines making few mistakes skating well. Bring up A.Gaud go something like this.

Leivo Petey Boeser

Goldy Bo Jake

Erickson Beagle Mac

Granlund Gaudette Motte

Not bad but no Roussel? 

Id like to see:

Leivo Petey Boeser

Goldy Bo Mac

Roussel Gaudette Jake

Eriksson Beagle Motte

if Green doesn’t want Mac to get the mins with Bo swap Eriksson and Mac 

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

He's a great character guy and all, and personally I think he's a cool dude. But he's never been healthy and just hasn't meshed well with the youth movement. He does a lot of the valuable things for us but at the end of the day he's definitely expendable.

could not disagree more.  It's because of Sutter and Beagle that horvat and Petey get offensive zone starts, almost exclusively.

This is what I was hoping for at the beginning of the year.  EP, Gaudette and another young winger in.

Was also hoping OJ would be up by now but that kid seems cursed.

Wish Demko would get healthy and in net for a few more games before the end of the season.

The youth have stepped up this year, time to find new homes for those that haven't.

Was hoping he'd get more seasoning time in the AHL but you can't control injuries. 

Good news for Horvat as I think he plays better when he's used in a more defensive role. He's a counter puncher, not an all out offensive type, and should be used as such. 

30 GP 10 G 16 A 26 PTS +3 Last time Sutter was out with an injury. 

Archived