The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB has thrown away far too many assets - needs to be replaced as GM

Rate this topic

Generational.EP40

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is why I’m nervous with Karlsson or Myers. 3 year deal ok good gamble. 

Honestly they're the only guys worth risking it for though. I really can't see us landing Karlsson though. Myers we have a small chance. 

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is why I’m nervous with Karlsson or Myers. 3 year deal ok good gamble. 

I actually capfriendly a roster the other day which involved Karlsson @ 10.5 x7  and Jeff Skinner @ 7.5x 7 with Edler re signing @ 7x3 and appropriate raises coming to the pepole who deserve them and it all fit with leway to resign Pete for an exorbitant number when the time comes. 

Centre Right Wing
VAN
Goldobin, Nikolay
$1,500,000
LW
RFA
VAN
Pettersson, Elias
$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Skinner, Jeff
$7,500,000
LW, RW
UFA
VAN
Baertschi, Sven
$3,366,666
LW
UFA - 2
VAN
Horvat, Bo
$5,500,000
C
UFA - 4
VAN
Boeser, Brock
$5,500,000
RW
RFA
VAN
Pearson, Tanner
$3,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
VAN
Gaudette, Adam
$916,666
Edit
C
RFA - 1
VAN
Eriksson, Loui
$6,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
VAN
Roussel, Antoine
$3,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
VAN
Beagle, Jay
$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
VAN
Virtanen, Jake
$1,250,000
RW
RFA - 1
VAN
Leivo, Josh
$1,500,000
LW
RFA

Left Defense Right Defense Goaltender
VAN
Edler, Alexander
$7,000,000
D
UFA
Karlsson, Erik
$10,500,000
D
UFA
VAN
Markström, Jacob
$3,666,667
G
UFA - 1
VAN
Hughes, Quintin
$916,666
D
RFA - 2
VAN
Tanev, Christopher
$4,450,000
D
M-NTC
UFA - 1
VAN
Demko, Thatcher
$1,500,000
G
RFA
VAN
Hutton, Ben
$3,500,000
D
RFA
VAN
Stecher, Troy
$2,325,000
D
RFA - 1

VAN
Teves, Josh
$1,000,000
D
RFA

44 minutes ago, aGENT said:

What about them? Baer's have largely been unlucky/dirty plays. How's a GM supposed to plan better for a blindside hit to a player's head?

Pettersson has actually been surprisingly resilient and healthy given his age (experience) and size.

And then still, on a future, better, more rebuilt team, with more puck possession, even some of those injuries will reduce as teams will be chasing us rather than vice versa.

I don't know but it is probably not by signing more Motte, Madden, Artukin (is that his name, 5'1" 126#) Stetcher, Goldy, Dahlen, Leipsic, Beiga, Larson, Weber, 

Edited by lmm

23 minutes ago, lmm said:

I don't know but it is probably not by signing more Motte, Madden, Artukin (is that his name, 5'1" 126#) Stetcher, Goldy, Dahlen, Leipsic, Beiga, Larson, Weber, Bartkowski...

Madden is a beauty and Artem Manukian (I think you are referring to) may be small be he is scoring at an impressive pace in the KHL for his age and is feisty as hell....

Gotta love this kid.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, TheRealistOptimist said:

So we shouldn’t have drafted Petey because he is going to get hurt? 

Should Pittsburgh not have not selected Crosby? 

I’m not sure where your trying to go with this? 

did you read the post I quoted?

there is a clue in there for you.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

did you read the post I quoted?

there is a clue in there for you.

I read it and it doesn’t make sense.

Benning should know who’s going to get hurt.

So he shouldn’t draft Petey and trade for Baertschi? 

Maybe you can can answer my question...

So Benning shouldn’t have drafted Petey because he’s going to get hurt? And Pittsburgh shouldn’t have drafted Crosby because he got multiple concussions in his career and missed a lot of games? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Madden is a beauty and Artem Manukian (I think you are referring to) may be small be he is scoring at an impressive pace in the KHL for his age and is feisty as hell....

Gotta love this kid.

that was awesome!

kinda reminds me of Gretzky and Broten, but with leg shuffles from both guys, and  here I was watching the little guy get rubbed out on the end boards.

Anyway, Larson.

And I am not against small players, but where are you going to put them all on a 20 man roster?

Vegas, Tampa and Winnipeg all have a couple of small players, but the Canucks lack balance

25 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Dont really understand your views OP.

Ya its frustrating to see the team lose but rebuilding takes patience.  What assets have we really lost? What has come back to bite us in the ass? 

Its clear you're a jb hater and are reaching. 

He's here to stir the pot. Doesn't matter what the subject matter is. He's read a handful of CDC topics to find out what gets the locals all hot and bothered and voila......troll job accomplished !

Edited by SingleThorn
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

He's here to stir the pot. Doesn't matter what the subject matter is. He's read a handful of CDC topics topics to find out what gets the locals all hot and bothered and voila......troll job accomplished !

exactly right

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealistOptimist said:

I read it and it doesn’t make sense.

Benning should know who’s going to get hurt.

So he shouldn’t draft Petey and trade for Baertschi? 

Maybe you can can answer my question...

So Benning shouldn’t have drafted Petey because he’s going to get hurt? And Pittsburgh shouldn’t have drafted Crosby because he got multiple concussions in his career and missed a lot of games? 

notice the injury list is almost all High dzone starts, PK, matchup players

• Cheers 1

JB haters gonna hate. 

When Linden and Benning were hired, the mantra was get back to the playoffs (to be fair to the Sedins or something like that).  Then it was re-tool instead of rebuild.   Only when the Sedins officially retired did the Canucks commit to a rebuild. 

It's unreasonable to expect Benning to succeed when the goalposts keeps moving. 

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Yea, there’s nothing wrong with that.

How about we get someone to secure as many assets for Benning to draft with as possible. That wouldn’t be a bad idea would it :huh:

thanks for your opinion. we’ll file it along with the other 9 thousand opinions that have hit cdc every year. 

15 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

He's here to stir the pot. Doesn't matter what the subject matter is. He's read a handful of CDC topics to find out what gets the locals all hot and bothered and voila......troll job accomplished !

I disagree, I think they has tried to put together a reasoned argument with statistical evidence.

I also think they is inexperienced in doing so.

I think there are better ways to make the point, but it was a good try.

Edited by lmm

Okay I will play devil's advocate here and try and defend the OP.  

I don't think that we will be able to become a contender with JB managing our signings and resignings.  

Except for Bo Horvat, there is no one else jumping off the page at me as having a great contract on our team.  You can find a few other good ones like Tanev and Edler but I don't believe that they were signed by JB.  

However seeing as we're still a year away from becoming a playoff contender, nobody should touch JB.  Him and his team have been awesome at drafting and restocking our bare cupboards.  

If we don't make the playoffs next year then it's a fair conversation to have.  Until then, I'm rolling with JB all the way. 

11 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

The OP is not wrong... both his asset management and trade record has been absolutely horrendous

would you please breakdown all the trades, specifying which ones you feel were horrendous, which you felt are ok deals, and which ones you feel JB hit a homerun on?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1