The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher gets the call for Team Canada!

Rate this topic

Dombrova22

This just made my day. I'm so happy for the guy. He plays the game the right way and he's very proud to be a Canuck. He could of signed anywhere and chose his hometown team and the pressures that come with that. He is improving every year and never takes a night off. Atta boy!

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Ok so I said something about Hutton. Who is the other ‘maybe” candidate on our team? Hutton. So Stetcher chosen over Hutton informs my understanding of Stetcher over Hutton. What is the big deal here ? Lol

Hutton had a chance once, and was terrible.  Stecher will do very well, because he’s smart. 

He is like a grittier Krug.  Benning's kind of guy.  I hope he flourishes in an expanded offensive role like he had in college, when the team systems begin to evolve around Quinn.

I am going to check out some of the games just to watch him, I think.  Also very curious to see how the Vancouver Swedenucks do over there.

4 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Ok so I said something about Hutton. Who is the other ‘maybe” candidate on our team? Hutton. So Stetcher chosen over Hutton informs my understanding of Stetcher over Hutton. What is the big deal here ? Lol

Hutton plays left and Stecher plays right so they are competing with different players for a spot.

Congrats to Stech.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

It was an unnecessary add on, they play different sides so it was never Stecher or Hutton. Left side dmen are way more abundant than right side as far as depth goes. 

Wadr it was a douchey comment that wasn't needed. You should have left it at good job Stecher.