The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Eriksson + 10th for Lucic + Bouchard

31 minutes ago, Gudbransons_Elbow said:

Nope. Eriksson > Lucic 

I've never really liked Bouchard's game either. Would rather just keep the 10th and draft a better player. 

I'd do Eriksson + 10th for Lucic and 8th overall 

That's the scenario I see happening...not a huge change, not a huge splash but satisfies the fans' need for us to get tougher and move up in the draft...check and check.

A lot of shade has been thrown Lucic's way...yes, he has struggled offensively (but so has Eriksson), he has struggled to be a big power forward, but so have quite a few other players of his type with the "new" rule interpretations in today's NHL...but if Wilson can be semi-successful (even with the suspensions), then I think Lucic can figure it out as well; maybe a fresh start in his hometown is exactly what he needs.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

That's the scenario I see happening...not a huge change, not a huge splash but satisfies the fans' need for us to get tougher and move up in the draft...check and check.

A lot of shade has been thrown Lucic's way...yes, he has struggled offensively (but so has Eriksson), he has struggled to be a big power forward, but so have quite a few other players of his type with the "new" rule interpretations in today's NHL...but if Wilson can be semi-successful (even with the suspensions), then I think Lucic can figure it out as well; maybe a fresh start in his hometown is exactly what he needs.

Even if EDM isn't interested in giving up the 8th. I'd do Eriksson for Lucic and a small add/salary retention.

He doesn't even need to be a Tom Wilson. I'd be happy if he can be a Reaves type. Protect teammates, chip in 20 pts and cause chaos in front of the net. 

8 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

[proposal]Eriksson + 10th for Lucic + Bouchard

Yay, nay, or gay?

Not gay at all.  Bouchard even better draft plus one, he’s a candidate to make the NHL this year as juniors have nothing else to offer.  As far as skating goes he’s faster then Edler, and is getting faster, plus his backwards skating is better than anyone in last years draft.  He checks all the boxes is what you want from your number one defenseman, him and Hughes would be a top line in the NHL one day.  We won’t get a better defenseman in the draft this year or player at 10.  To me that’s worth Lucic, we could buy him out next CBA, yes we have to protect one more player but I think it’s worth it.  Play him like a 4th line plug if that’s all he’s got left, at least he can bang heads and protect the young guys.  Good post.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, brownky said:

Then sign somebody from the AHL who can actually skate. That's the equivalent skill level, probably faster and way cheaper.

I do not get the love-in for Lucic here. He's a slow hockey player that takes dumb penalties and barely fights anymore.

There's total negative value to him and his contract.

Really?  21 points in 11 postseason games, two years as defenseman of the year....no way EDM does this, he could still be the best player picked in last years draft one day.  

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not gay at all.  Bouchard even better draft plus one, he’s a candidate to make the NHL this year as juniors have nothing else to offer.  As far as skating goes he’s faster then Edler, and is getting faster, plus his backwards skating is better than anyone in last years draft.  He checks all the boxes is what you want from your number one defenseman, him and Hughes would be a top line in the NHL one day.  We won’t get a better defenseman in the draft this year or player at 10.  To me that’s worth Lucic, we could buy him out next CBA, yes we have to protect one more player but I think it’s worth it.  Play him like a 4th line plug if that’s all he’s got left, at least he can bang heads and protect the young guys.  Good post.

Did you not see him stink up the joint in the WJHC?  Slow, soft, and stupid; guy was a total liability out there and couldn't even hold his own against his own age group.  His brutal defensive play was a major reason Canada got eliminated so early.  I'm not convinced he'd ever be able to make a real NHL team.

10 hours ago, mll said:

Edmonton has been considering buying out Lucic per Friedman in his 31 thoughts.  

its certainly one of the ugly options, vs burning futures it might be how Holland wants to go. I don't see how Holland is going to get the pieces Edmonton needs without giving up that 8th oa but he may have other trades in mind if he's going to use that to make a deal. It would be a lot more palatable to get a top pairing young d vs. using the 8th to throw away Lucic. 

But this deal proposed makes no sense to me. Lucic isn't as effective as Loui and we get him for a year longer, for basically exchanging 10th oa picks to gain... what exactly? I think at 10 this year we have better options. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Did you not see him stink up the joint in the WJHC?  Slow, soft, and stupid; guy was a total liability out there and couldn't even hold his own against his own age group.  His brutal defensive play was a major reason Canada got eliminated so early.  I'm not convinced he'd ever be able to make a real NHL team.

Yet he dominated the same peer group again in the OHL.   He’s developing well and yes he will play, maybe next year.  As a comparison he outplayed OJ in his draft plus one, and wasn’t far off from OJ in his draft year either.  He reminds me of Chabot, and he’s considered a top ten player not yet in the NHL ahead of a lot of guys considered sure things.  OJ is continued to slip, and never made the top ten, in the forties now close to where AG was a year ago.  One tournament doesn’t mean everything, just as Puljajarvi, and well OJ.    I would do this trade in an instant, doubt we will get a player as good as him at ten, so did EDM when they drafted him as they didn’t have a jersey ready for him.  Most guys thought he’d go around 5-6.   

Im not convinced that skating fast is the be all end all, it’s a trend.  The leagues always had fast players and a lot of them end up as third liners.   Bouchard is a bull, one of the best passers in his generation and actually has a point shot.   Don’t know what’s not to like, if he was our prospect we’d be comparing him to Weber.

• Upvote 1