The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner

Gardiner already peaked at 53 points. I don't feel like he'll ever crack 40 again. Myers is an upgrade on the right hand side, but he's not what the Canucks need. The Canucks need 26-27 year old Gardiner, but I'm not opposed to adding my scoring on the back end.

Edler Stetcher
Gardiner Tanev
Schenn Hughes
Hutton Biega

Is it possible the Canucks are not resigning Edler?

13 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Sutter was an iron man before joining us. It is very possible that Tanev bounces back on a new team and Myers becomes brittle.

Been a fan since 82. Canuck luck is a real thing and I'm sorry to have to agree with you. 

• Cheers 3

here's a better idea, use our precious cap space and go after EK instead! 

Myers or Gardiner is a mistake waiting to happen. we already have 3 bad contracts that needs to be shipped out before we can thinking about signing these guys. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

And you guys hated Gudbranson? Imagine getting one of these guys. 

At the very least we would be able to extend Tanev’s career with one or both of these guys. 

I'm not sure how Jake Gardiner extends Tanev's career?

Just now, oldnews said:

I'm not sure how Jake Gardiner extends Tanev's career?

It means we have someone for him to fall back on, so he gets less injuries. 

i go the trade route. grab rfa roland mckeown and hope he can play 2nd pair rd while hoping woo can take the top group rd.  he is the right age and way cheaper than all those ufa.  eventually we’ld have  hughes and woo; juolevi and mckeown; and brisebois and stecher.  stay out of cap hell and get better in increments.

2 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

It means we have someone for him to fall back on, so he gets less injuries. 

How does Gardiner provide Tanev with someone to 'fall back on?'

Tanev is a legit shutdown (albeit 'finesse' shutdown) guy who plays hard minutes - matchup and pk minutes.

Gardiner - not so much - he does neither - a puck mover that otherwise gets exposed.

• Upvote 4

Well, Benning keeps reiterating that the plan is to revamp the D this offseason so this should come as no surprise. I’m not impressed with the idea of likely overpaying either of these two but it’s not like the Canucks have a plethora of tradeable assets. My gut tells me it’ll be Jake Gardiner.