The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Nucks - Wild

My first proposal so please be gentle.

Boeser and Juolevi for Dumba and 2nd.

I like building from the net out and this is just a stepping stone. Part two would be a signing of another significant D man to this market...

Ready for the constructive feedback.

TY

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

No thanks.  I will say I feel your values are fair at least, but I gotta ask - whats the point?

As good as Dumba is (and he is) we really don't know what kind of player Joulevi will be. We would be swapping a high end winger for a high end d (almost a wash) and then a 2nd for Juolevi which isn't worth it to me. Plus Brock is exactly the kind of character guy we need to build around. (Maybe Dumba is too - I dunno).

We need both high end wingers and high end d.  This improves one position at the detriment of another.

• Upvote 1

^_^                                                                             1277528694_canucksthumbdown.jpg.82bbb9d760eb077b5c92f2dc74964d3f.jpg

Edited by 6string

The Wild can do without Boeser.  They can't do without Dumba.  

Teams are now playing with 5 players in each zone.  Having Ds that can carry the puck and make plays is essential.  Those kind of Ds are still much harder to find than wingers.  

The Wild want to compete now and are not rebuilding.  Juolevi is not yet NHL ready.  He also plays the left side where they already have Suter and Brodin.  They would have only Spurgeon on the right side and he is a free agent in one year - they are trying to extend him.

Minnesota has one of the best top-4 in the league and it's really not worth breaking it up unless they have to.  A season ago when everyone was healthy their Ds had 200pts - 2nd best mark in the league.  This season they were the team that allowed the least amount of shots from the inner slot.  

Both owner Leopold and GM Fenton could not stop talking about how much the loss of Dumba hurt their season.  

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Yep I agree with kloubek.

Not a terrible proposal, not bad really, but just not what I think Canucks should do.

I still firmly believe Juolevi is going to be a top 4 stud for us for 15 years!

He could be Edler.

2 hours ago, JesseBlue said:

I like building from the net out and this is just a stepping stone. Part two would be a signing of another significant D man to this market...

TY

never happen for that, even a first would be an overpayment

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, JesseBlue said:

TY

Kudos for being brave enough to make a proposal...it can be ego affecting ha ha.   That said with your idea of working from the defense out maybe keep OJ and just work the Boeser angle for Dumba with a swap of the required picks to even it out (for me id like to keep Boeser so wouldn’t do it unless there was a big overpayment like Dumba and their first...).  

Edit: for them they’d likely want out first (10th) and maybe offer their 3rd rounder or something...IF they were interested.

Edited by IBatch

Thanks for the feedback.

I know the value of a  Dman is higher than a winger is greater this trying to entice but adding another high end prospect that may turn out good/great. 

This also is a first part where you might do it if Karlsson is a target during free agency.

The next year when /if tree scones back, then we'll have a revamped defense that is probably better than it ever was.

Losing BB6 would suck but to me is a price I'm willing to pay. 

Thank goodness I'm not the GM hey?

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, JesseBlue said:

TY

Where do you think you are?

at least you understand the problem, JB has. to get good players you have to give up good players. cdc gm’s think they can move sutter, tanev and ericksson and get whoever they want. if edler doesn’t sign our defense will be in bigger trouble than it is now.

we’ll have;   ------?-----      -------?-----

hughes          tanev

juolevi            stecher

brisebois,           ?  

• Upvote 1

Canucks were 25th in the league for goals for. We trade our 3rd highest point producer (probably 2nd if healthy) for a defenseman. Dumba is good, but our offence is weak and trading one of our top offensive players is taking one step forward and one step back.

16 hours ago, JesseBlue said:

TY

Remove OJ and you might have some traction on both sides.   Keep OJ in and Benning loses his job and Wild get a lopsided win.

• Cheers 1

I'm looking at it in a way where Ehrhoff added offence from the back end. 

It seems that teams know how to defend us too much. Shut down the three forwards and there will be no offence. 

Having a team where goals can come from all over the place will be a boon.

Hard to gauge on what value to put it but adding a sweetener (Benning special) will start the conversation from the wild's perspective. Just a one for one deal will not get that far and i think Dumba has more value and cost controlled.

1 hour ago, JesseBlue said:

I'm looking at it in a way where Ehrhoff added offence from the back end. 

It seems that teams know how to defend us too much. Shut down the three forwards and there will be no offence. 

Having a team where goals can come from all over the place will be a boon.

Hard to gauge on what value to put it but adding a sweetener (Benning special) will start the conversation from the wild's perspective. Just a one for one deal will not get that far and i think Dumba has more value and cost controlled.

You realize OJ will be "Ehrhoff plus" don't you?   Better outlet passer already in a much bigger body.    Dumba is a great player now and would benefit any team but.....well, nevermind.