The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

43 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

When I was young and foolish I believed the bolded.

Then young little millennials and the curse of the world - lawyers - came along. In the NHL or business or whatever, these pukes want to be given the moon after barely showing anything but 1 good year at whatever they do. I think it is pathetic now. Yes it was caused by greedy capitalists, stupid NHL gms, a pathetic NHL - NHL PA agreement, and a broken world. 

I can't support any little punk that cries for more money when they are 21 thinking they are owed the world. I like boser, but personally I would love for all those rfa's to miss the year.

But then my cognitive dissonance kicks in.......and I just really want to watch Canuck hockey again!!

Finally someone with the guts to say it!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It looks like we are stuck with Loui for the time being let’s face it. But honestly can we really see him in the line up come opening night? 

I think Loui can be a role type player still in the NHL but when I look at our depth, some youth movement does he make our team? I honestly can’t see it on this team.

I think If he is in the lineup it either means we have a few injuries or we didn’t have the balls to send him down but after Gags last year I’m thinking the latter. 

Lets hope the boys stay healthy - God I’m so sick of that guy. Straight up cheered for him the first 2 seasons! He would find he’s game I thought/hoped. Nope sorry the guy just doesn’t cut it at all.

Crazy to see some players they just all of a sudden fall off the face of the earth. Go from a pretty successful career and a 30goal season the year before of signing a new contract with new team and all of a sudden your scoring on your own net in your first game and not even living up to a small percentage of your salary for 3 years in row. Boggles the mind

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Devron44 said:

It looks like we are stuck with Loui for the time being let’s face it. But honestly can we really see him in the line up come opening night? 

I think Loui can be a role type player still in the NHL but when I look at our depth, some youth movement does he make our team? I honestly can’t see it on this team.

I think If he is in the lineup it either means we have a few injuries or we didn’t have the balls to send him down but after Gags last year I’m thinking the latter. 

Lets hope the boys stay healthy - God I’m so sick of that guy. Straight up cheered for him the first 2 seasons! He would find he’s game I thought/hoped. Nope sorry the guy just doesn’t cut it at all.

Crazy to see some players they just all of a sudden fall off the face of the earth. Go from a pretty successful career and a 30goal season the year before of signing a new contract with new team and all of a sudden your scoring on your own net in your first game and not even living up to a small percentage of your salary for 3 years in row. Boggles the mind

It's the coach's fault apparently. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

He followed by saying it could be a good thing for Utica.  Can't imagine him looking forward to coaching this sack of $@&#.

I know you hate Loui with a passion but the AHL coach would LOVE to have Loui. He is still an NHL talent (not great but in the bottom 6) and would obviously out class anyone in the AHL.

Your hatred makes you type silly stuff sometimes lol.

:lol:

Edit: for 6 million per year I prefer Loui in the A and not taking one of our bottom 6 spots on the Canucks....we need someone that hits more than 3 times a year on those lines.  ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I know you hate Loui with a passion but the AHL coach would LOVE to have Loui. He is still an NHL talent (not great but in the bottom 6) and would obviously out class anyone in the AHL.

Edit: for 6 million per year I prefer Loui in the A and not taking one of our bottom 6 spots on the Canucks....we need someone that hits more than 3 times a year on those lines.  ::D

I don't think any AHL coach would LOVE to have Loui to be honest. Prima donna floater who would set a horrible example for the younger players.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

But bro, you're completely ignoring the fact that loui is an elite pker and umm he had Petey over for Christmas! He's earned his salary clearly. Haters gonna hate

3 hits are just some of the little things he's known for

#3hitloui

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Problem would be the entitled attitude, although I disagree that he's good enough to play in the NHL.  He moaned about his ice time, so I don't imagine that putting him in the appropriate league will make him more coachable.  Having him around makes it harder to hold the young guys accountable.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, garthsbutcher said:

I don't think any AHL coach would LOVE to have Loui to be honest. Prima donna floater who would set a horrible example for the younger players.

Of course they would.

If he actually went down and played, not saying he would, he would be the best player on pretty much every AHL team. :lol:

I get the disdain for Loui. I don't want him on the Canucks either. My reasoning mostly has to do with his salary and that he just is not suited to a bottom six role. But I try not to let blind hatred make me say he would not be very good in the AHL lol.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Problem would be the entitled attitude, although I disagree that he's good enough to play in the NHL.  He moaned about his ice time, so I don't imagine that putting him in the appropriate league will make him more coachable.  Having him around makes it harder to hold the young guys accountable.

Yeah ok lol.:picard:

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Of course they would.

If he actually went down and played, not saying he would, he would be the best player on pretty much every AHL team. :lol:

I get the disdain for Loui. I don't want him on the Canucks either. My reasoning mostly has to do with his salary and that he just is not suited to a bottom six role. But I try not to let blind hatred make me say he would not be very good in the AHL lol.

Loui is old, slow, weak, and lost his hands.  He struggled greatly in the last WHC.  He’d struggle in the AHL too.  He’d struggle in the SHL.  He’s gotten old.  He will retire. 

Maybe an AHL stint would be good for Loui.

He'd get total top line time, no NHL pressure, little media coverage. He could go out and "be" the best player on the ice, and potentially earn his way back into a job - be it here, or elsewhere, if he can prove that he's still got the scoring touch. Get some confidence and some work ethic back.

That, or he's a perfect example for the young guys: "Don't be like this guy".

Just now, Alflives said:

Loui is old, slow, weak, and lost his hands.  He struggled greatly in the last WHC.  He’d struggle in the AHL too.  He’d struggle in the SHL.  He’s gotten old.  He will retire. 

Geez....if Loui is old, slow, and weak at 34 years old what does that make you??  :ph34r:

Yea...I know you are comparing him to other NHLers. 

I just think the hyperbole from you and that heffer is over the top.  Whatever though. As long as Loui doesn't come back I am happy. Regardless of you and heffer being over the top on the issue lol.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Geez....if Loui is old, slow, and weak at 34 years old what does that make you??  :ph34r:

I just think the hyperbole from you and that heffer is over the top.  Whatever though. As long as Loui doesn't come back I am happy. Regardless of you and heffer being over the top on the issue lol.

I have socks older than Loui! :lol:

I wasn’t one to think Loui is lazy and not trying.  For that reason I believe it’s age.  Hands are the first to go, hence the low goal totals.  Then it’s the legs.  Loui can’t keep up.  Finally it’s strength.  Loui looks weak on (and off) pucks.  

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You need to check my previous posts in this thread about loui eriksson and not being an NHL calibre player, i even listed information and facts !

Ferland Pettersson Boeser 

Miller Horvat Pearson 

Baertschi Sutter Virtanen 

Roussel Beagle Leivo 

Motte Goldobin Gaudette

Bailey...

Who does loui out perform?

Eriksson had 29 points in 81 games, 3 of those games he scored 9 points against Florida, Buffalo and Ottawa.

So over 78 games he scored 20 points. there is also several streaks of going without a point from 7-14  games at a time.

3 hits in 81 games is pathetic, the sedins had more hits their last year played.

Eriksson actively spends time avoiding physical contact, that is just awful.

Erikssons offensive output is equal to Motte who played mostly 3rd/4th line, a pace of 20ish points over 82 while leading in hits, contributing on the PK and a solid 3/4th winger, for 850K.

Eriksson is AHL bound, like it or not he's been surpassed by many others.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Stupid fat fingwers
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I'm not exaggerating.  I haven't seen someone not named Messier disgrace the Canucks jersey worse than this lazy piece of garbage.  He can't score, won't hit, won't move his feet, and moans about the coach when he's not gifted unearned ice time.  I can't think of a better example of a guy who has absolutely no business near any NHL team.  What team is this floater good enough to make given the attitude issues?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

You need to check my previous posts in this thread about loui eriksson and not being an NHL calibre player, i even listed information and facts !

Eriksson is AHL bound, like it or not he's been surpassed by many others.

You need to read my post.  I don't want Loui on this team. But he is an NHLer. Just cuz some online anonymous poster like you says he is not doesn't mean anything lmao.:picard: