The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Petey at least has a high compete level.  The only thing Loui competes for is the title for the laziest player in the league.

Well, you can't be the laziest and be amongst the best pk players in the league. He plays a soft game and fans like you dislike it. 

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Well, you can't be the laziest and be amongst the best pk players in the league. He plays a soft game and fans like you dislike it. 

Actually you can be lazy if you know how to use your brain....ha Loui has D hockey IQ but that's it and cause of his iq he is still in the league , Loui is lazy plain and simple , don't get me wrong on the full moons when he shows up he works hard but he doesn't show up enough. 

On 8/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, VegasCanuck said:

If his conditioning is not up to league standards where he can compete at that level, there is precedent as well to suspend him for failure to maintain reasonable level of fitness.

Time will tell, if he's not motivated to show up in camp in the best shape of his life, don't know what else would take to motivate him.

With the Twins retirement LE is now the fittest Canuck -  fitness is his personal obsession

• Wat 1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:34 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

If I was an opponent skating towards Eriksson I'd be pretty happy knowing I'm not going to be hit. It's like a easy practice game.

But other than Jake, he is the most proficient Canuck at dispossessing you of the puck with a takeaway.  It's one of those "little things" he does well, that coaches notice but some fans are blind to because he hasn't delivered a bone crunching hit

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Provost said:

Please quote a source for that.

Beagle is a well known fitness nut who has led his team in testing pretty much every training camp.  I can’t imagine Eriksson beating him out.  I couldn’t find a single article online noting Eriksson being near the top of the team’s fitness testing... 

From last year’s training camp, Beagle blew every other player away in testing by a long shot.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-beagle-shares-canucks-camp-spotlight-with-fab-fitness-stunning-speed

https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-Schram/Vancouver-Canucks-hold-first-scrimmage-as-fitness-is-emphasized-at-camp/194/94775

I remember reading it (or maybe hearing it) - am now investing time on Google to try and find where I got that info from

(It might have been Petey's interview when he said he had spent Christmas with the Erikssons)

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Actually you can be lazy if you know how to use your brain....ha Loui has D hockey IQ but that's it and cause of his iq he is still in the league , Loui is lazy plain and simple , don't get me wrong on the full moons when he shows up he works hard but he doesn't show up enough. 

Ok, I've seen Börje Salming dominate defence when he hardly could skate so you have a point there. 

So if Loui start playing more as you have seen him do a few times you think he contribute to the team? 

42 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Ok, I've seen Börje Salming dominate defence when he hardly could skate so you have a point there. 

So if Loui start playing more as you have seen him do a few times you think he contribute to the team? 

If Louie shows up and earns his spot no one will be complaining. We all want to see him earn his 6 million. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

We have different opinions... If I put it this way. I love the hockey Petey play. You guys over there seems to love the more dirty players that sabotage the hockey Petey play. Loui falls in the soft category and is disliked much for that. 

Timrafan, your obvious Swedish bias is why your opinion seems different from other people. For the record, I, along with a few other posters, do agree with you that the Eriksson slander about him being "lazy" and being a good PK player is incompatible.

The problem is that he's paid 6 million to be this PK player; if he doesn't even play a solid PK game, he's not even in the lineup - or even in the NHL. That is a reality. He absolutely HAD to perform in the PK role.

What do these players have in common? Neal, Eriksson and Lucic - all of them are 6 million dollar players. All of them are in the Pacific Division. All of them are considered underachieving/slow/older players (Lucic for Neal swap from earlier this year is proof of the perceived value of these players).

It's not that these players are inherently "lazy" - the speed of the game has passed these players, at least on the surface.

Fact: Eriksson is a 6 million dollar player that has not produced as expected.

• Cheers 2

It's been like that in Sweden also. But I don't like it. 

The funny bit is that much is the same. Timrå in the nineties played a similar hockey as the Canucks did last year. With the same bad result often. 

I like it and I don't. I don't like it because it does seem stupid to have a different rule book for the playoffs than the regular season, but I like it because it keeps toughness relevant in hockey. While I hate to see players get hurt, especially when it's head related, and I commend the changes that have been made to the game to prevent those things, the hockey that i grew to love was physical and demanded grit and courage. It's something that really made our game what it is. It was the combination of skill and toughness that set it apart from other sports, and what makes playoff hockey like no other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Nothing like a player playing a soft game in the hardest league in the world. 

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Please quote a source for that.

Beagle is a well known fitness nut who has led his team in testing pretty much every training camp.  I can’t imagine Eriksson beating him out.  I couldn’t find a single article online noting Eriksson being near the top of the team’s fitness testing... 

From last year’s training camp, Beagle blew every other player away in testing by a long shot.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-beagle-shares-canucks-camp-spotlight-with-fab-fitness-stunning-speed

https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-Schram/Vancouver-Canucks-hold-first-scrimmage-as-fitness-is-emphasized-at-camp/194/94775

How dare you disrupt delusion! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

If Louie shows up and earns his spot no one will be complaining. We all want to see him earn his 6 million. 

I'm not buying that........he's got plenty that will be cheering for him tofail, even if he earns his spot.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

But other than Jake, he is the most proficient Canuck at dispossessing you of the puck with a takeaway.  It's one of those "little things" he does well, that coaches notice but some fans are blind to because he hasn't delivered a bone crunching hit

Loui was an ineffective player last year. A dime a dozen....not one for 6 million.

You could get a million dollar player to replace his "little things". And soft as charmin....god I hate that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not buying that........he's got plenty that will be cheering for him tofail, even if he earns his spot.

If he actually earns his spot and keeps his mouth shut, maybe, as long as he goes on record as acknowledging that his comments were completely unacceptable from a professional.  The issue is that he has done little to suggest he will even attempt to earn a spot, and seems to think the way he was playing last year was good enough to not only justify a spot in the NHL, but warranted a move UP in the lineup.  Not only that, he got his agent to claim he was trying when it was clear as day that his compete level is unsatisfactory.  I have little hope that a player whose perception of his play is that distorted from reality will show up to camp and suddenly become a approachable player with an effort level beyond reproach.  Odds are that he continues to float around like the worthless pile of garbage he's been throughout his time here, and any ice time that does get wasted on him will be undeserved. 

At this point, he shouldn't even be allowed to compete for a spot alongside the legitimate NHLers; he should be sent down to Utica straight away and be forced to prove that he is willing to put in the necessary work to actually belong in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

With the Twins retirement LE is now the fittest Canuck -  fitness is his personal obsession

I don't know if he's the fittest Canuck - but I get what you are getting at....When Benning signed LE he commented on his commitment to fitness (like the twins) - something that he believed would enable Eriksson to sustain his performance despite aging.  I'm not sure where he stands relative to some very fit team-mates, but fitness (or professionalism in that sense) certainly isn't the problem for LE.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If he actually earns his spot and keeps his mouth shut, maybe, as long as he goes on record as acknowledging that his comments were completely unacceptable from a professional.  The issue is that he has done little to suggest he will even attempt to earn a spot, and seems to think the way he was playing last year was good enough to not only justify a spot in the NHL, but warranted a move UP in the lineup.

so much story - so little engagement with/quotation of what he's actually said.

what specific words are you taking issue with?  

what informs you of what he 'seems to think'?  

Can you quote what you're talking about, or is your post just shoot-from-the-hip narrative and drama?

• Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

Can you quote what you're talking about, or is your post just shoot-from-the-hip narrative and drama?

I don't consider any of his comments about Green to be acceptable, and frankly would have suspended him without pay for his blatant disrespect towards a coach who has done nothing but support him.  Quoted numerous times already  and the offending interview is easily googled.  If you think his agent went on record claiming that LE is putting in an honest effort without being advised to do so by the lazy sack of ****  himself, I got a bridge to sell you.  Bottom line is LE has some explaining to do and until he owns his mistake like an adult, it's a problem to have him around the locker room.  All he needs to say is "My effort level wasn't acceptable last y ear, and I need to work harder to ensure I stay in the league.  My comments about the coach were unbecoming as a professional, and I shouldn't have thrown him under the bus like that", or something to that effect.  If he's not willing to acknowledge how egregious his misconduct was, I'll personally be at the camp and will be yelling at him to get his lazy ass to Utica where it belongs.

• Upvote 1

you said it. 

half way through a six year deal and you're asking if he could contribute if he plays like we've seen a few times.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't consider any of his comments about Green

and I can't be bothered to read a word beyond that, because, predictably, you haven't engaged with a single actual word of his.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I 100% agree.  Loui is old, and that’s why he can’t compete anymore.