The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

On 8/30/2019 at 5:19 PM, GhostsOf1994 said:

And just because some anonymous poster like you says he is a NHLer does not mean loui is an NHLer. roflmaoogzftwlol :picard::blink::sick::emot-parrot:.

30 other NHL GMs not wanting Eriksson says he is not a NHLer. All trade options to move loui were explored and NO ONE wants him. So AHL it is!

He nixed trades apparently

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Honey boo boo go read my posts and grow up, #1 reason I didn't join cdc for years is because of persons like you, now go on honey boo boo go on down that road...

Some of these posters that say that don't  understand facts and numbers. Statements from players agents, general managers too!

Must be nice going threw life being deaf dumb and blind to all info coming from an outside source. 

Do.

you.

not.

understand.

that.

GMJB.

says.

he.

explored.

every.

trade.

option.?

That means, 

T-h-e

C-a-n-u-c-k-s 

L-o-o-k-e-d

A-t

A-l-l

T-r-a-d-e

O-p-t-i-o-n-s

That means,

T-h-e-y

L-o-o-k-e-d

A-t

A-l-l

O-p-t-i-o-n-s

S-u-c-h 

A-s

S-a-l-a-r-y

R-e-t-e-n-t-i-o-n

That means, NO ONE WANTED LOUI EVEN AT 3MIL.

But intelligent individuals like yourselves say he is still a NHLer......

My account and a ban from CDC for a year if Loui is on the Canucks opening roster? 

If he is not on the roster, same stipulation for you.

Once again... Louie nixed trades

• Upvote 2

I blame Toronto for all of this. Fist they &^@# up the RFA market, and then they do the same thing for the veteran trade market by giving up a 1st to move Marleau making it impossible to move Loui without a similar giant giveaway. 

Lets focus our anger on TO where it belongs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I blame Toronto for all of this. Fist they &^@# up the RFA market, and then they do the same thing for the veteran trade market by giving up a 1st to move Marleau making it impossible to move Loui without a similar giant giveaway. 

As much as I’d like to blame TO, or even LE, that doesn't make sense. LE was offered more money and term than he was worth and did what any of us would do, he took it. JB is responsible for this crappy contract, no one else. There are a few other over paid folks on the team that add to the cap crunch the team is facing.

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

As much as I’d like to blame TO, or even LE, that doesn't make sense. LE was offered more money and term than he was worth and did what any of us would do, he took it. JB is responsible for this crappy contract, no one else. There are a few other over paid folks on the team that add to the cap crunch the team is facing.

The difference is most of us would put in an honest effort, and not blame others for an unacceptably poor performance.  Eriksson has no one but himself to blame for his absolutely pitiful effort and unprofessional conduct off the ice.  Not many GM's will take a borderline AHLer with character issues that severe, even for league minimum.

• Wat 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The difference is most of us would put in an honest effort, and not blame others for an unacceptably poor performance.  Eriksson has no one but himself to blame for his absolutely pitiful effort and unprofessional conduct off the ice.  Not many GM's will take a borderline AHLer with character issues that severe, even for league minimum.

Loui is the classic example of a once top player (athlete) who will not accept he’s aged.  He has the classic signs of aging:  hands go, and strength goes, which makes it near impossible to compete.  When he accepts that he’s done as an NHL player,  he will retire.  I believe that time is coming very soon. 

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He is not a borderline AHLer nor has he shown “unprofessional conduct” off the ice jesus quit being so god damn dramatic. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Lack of effort is on him, the term and amount of his contract is not.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

the term and amount is not just on Benning, Ericksson signed that contract with the understanding that he would play the right way ,  and for the last 3 years he has not tried his best. anyone who has watched him play know this is on him! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

At what point does a thread get shut down? Not trying to be a mini mod or nothin' but this thread about him being traded or lack thereof is pretty much a "crap on Eriksson" thread. Seems kinda weenie to do but hey if that's how y'all choose to spend your time by all means. Just feels like the thread is a bit more in bad taste now that it's a roast fest. Lol. And lets be real it's just the repeated "he's not worth his contract" "He sucks and belongs in an old folks home" "I hate him he's AHL garbage" etc.

agree 100%

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The other difference is most of us suck.

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't know about the RFA market. Maybe it was a 500K overpayment? Maybe. If Nylander has a career year, $6.9M will be good money for Dubas.

I agree about the Marleau deal though. That came out of left field. I'm surprised someone else didn't offer a better deal. You'd think TO would be better off sending their 1st round pick out west...

Our only hope for a trade now is Loui makes the team and goes on a run (nope) or if we take back some other horrible contract (eww). I think we just stick him in Utica and hope he retires after his next bonus is paid out (July).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't know about the RFA market. Maybe it was a 500K overpayment? Maybe. If Nylander has a career year, $6.9M will be good money for Dubas.

I agree about the Marleau deal though. That came out of left field. I'm surprised someone else didn't offer a better deal. You'd think TO would be better off sending their 1st round pick out west...

Our only hope for a trade now is Loui makes the team and goes on a run (nope) or if we take back some other horrible contract (eww). I think we just stick him in Utica and hope he retires after his next bonus is paid out (July).

with the RFA market Dubie's first move was to give in to Matthews and sign a deal that lets him walk as a UFA instead of doing a bridge. Next he lets Willie sit in Europe and signs and overpayment for it. Now he's going to do some epically bad contract with Marner that every other RFA pretty much is waiting on.  Id say thats not doing the league any favours :P

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

with the RFA market Dubie's first move was to give in to Matthews and sign a deal that lets him walk as a UFA instead of doing a bridge. Next he lets Willie sit in Europe and signs and overpayment for it. Now he's going to do some epically bad contract with Marner that every other RFA pretty much is waiting on.  Id say thats not doing the league any favours :P

I guess you're right about Matthews. That 5 year deal didn't really seem necessary. Maybe Dubas was scared Matthews would win a scoring title or Rocket Richard trophy last year and then he'd have to pay upwards of $13M if he waited to re-sign him. He didn't. Instead he gave Matthews market value with player friendly term. Hindsight is 20/20 though. 

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Fist?!

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If we really want to get back at the leafs , Jim should work some magic and get their first from the canes and hopefully marner sits out awhile.....:bigblush:

10 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

If we really want to get back at the leafs , Jim should work some magic and get their first from the canes and hopefully marner sits out awhile.....:bigblush:

Just ask leaf fans now. They dont need marner apparently.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Haha 1