The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

he's 34.  age isn't really an excuse.  those of us who have been there realize that 34 isn't that old.

It is for Loui.  His hands are gone.  His strength is gone.  I’d say his vision is waning too.  30 can be old fir a professional.  

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Ok, I've seen Börje Salming dominate defence when he hardly could skate so you have a point there. 

So if Loui start playing more as you have seen him do a few times you think he contribute to the team? 

Yes if he brought his battle level up, I could live with him on the team and hope he would do well....I've been a Loui basher and you and me have had acouple conversations about Loui and I don't hate Loui I just think the game has pasted him by and most nights his to lazy/soft as butter. For Loui to perform he needs a line mates like he had in Boston, problem is his hands arnt as good as they use to be and his not willing to pay the price like burrows did, to get into the dirty areas , there's also better/younger players that deserve the chance before Loui so his in for the battle of his career. 

Ive said this before , his over rated in my books , not the first time I've cheered for the Canucks with an over rated player on the team ha

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

he's 34.  age isn't really an excuse.  those of us who have been there realize that 34 isn't that old.

It is for a hockey player.  There is really only a handful of guys at that age or older that are producing at a high level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The people who are questioning Boeser's character are just being disingenuous. We are not privy to the details of the negotiation, what is being reported is maybe 20% of what is being discussed and its probably 50% accurate (even that's being generous). So the people who are making such judgments are doing so with the faulty premise that they have all the information. There are two sides to each negotiation. All we can do as fans is just respect the process without polluting it with our often uninformed opinions. Let it play out and see where the dust settles.

With all that said I respect someone that wants to be paid fairly compared to their abilities/production. We live in a capitalist world where money is crucial to creating opportunities, so for anyone to disparage another person for wanting fair compensation, maybe tell us about all those moments in your life where you displayed your character. Till then you are most probably a hypocrite standing on their soapbox criticizing someone's character who is significantly more successful than you which is lol worthy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Toews said:

The people who are questioning Boeser's character are just being disingenuous. We are not privy to the details of the negotiation, what is being reported is maybe 20% of what is being discussed and its probably 50% accurate (even that's being generous). So the people who are making such judgments are doing so with the faulty premise that they have all the information. There are two sides to each negotiation. All we can do as fans is just respect the process without polluting it with our often uninformed opinions. Let it play out and see where the dust settles.

With all that said I respect someone that wants to be paid fairly compared to their abilities/production. We live in a capitalist world where money is crucial to creating opportunities, so for anyone to disparage another person for wanting fair compensation, maybe tell us about all those moments in your life where you displayed your character. Till then you are most probably a hypocrite standing on their soapbox criticizing someone's character who is significantly more successful than you which is lol worthy.

The guy is dealing with a family emergency in the off-season and people are questioning Brock's character for not being signed?  It says a lot about him that he's keeping himself in good shape playing hockey while helping out with the family.  That's not a guy who doesn't want to get a deal done, and it certainly doesn't warrant anyone bringing his character into doubt.  I'll take a fine young man who's putting his family first any day of the week.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, KanNuck said:

I just think this is funny so leaving it here.

Pat Maroon - League minimum

74 GP   10G 18A 28PTS

Loui Eriksson - 6M cap hit

81GP.    11G 18A 29PTS

One of these guys hits too guess which one?

Fun fact: over 81 games Eriksson registered 3 hits.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Borvat said:

They all occurred inadvertently in front of the players bench while heading for a line change.

Okay, so how in hell does Loui (not playing top six) make our team in an energy, hard to play against, checking bottom six role?  Guy is soft as it gets.  He plays old.  He’s done.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay, so how in hell does Loui (not playing top six) make our team in an energy, hard to play against, checking bottom six role?  Guy is soft as it gets.  He plays old.  He’s done.  

He has never been a physical player and has always relied on his two way game which was decent enough to be a top six supporting player.  Unless you are a high end offensive talent the way you remain in the league over time as your offensive game starts to decline is by adapting or re-defining your role/game. 

The issue is that he does not appear willing to make the changes or accept the reality.  Of all of JB's moves this one is having the most serious impact and lingering affect - cap hit.  I don't know how they can resolve this amicably at this point.  It's just bad. Maybe they find another "bad deal" that works out better for each team involved like Lucic and Neal.  They may just need to apply pressure to make him go away - Utica. This could get even uglier and camp will show if they can even fit him in.     

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Borvat said:

He has never been a physical player and has always relied on his two way game which was decent enough to be a top six supporting player.  Unless you are a high end offensive talent the way you remain in the league over time as your offensive game starts to decline is by adapting or re-defining your role/game. 

The issue is that he does not appear willing to make the changes or accept the reality.  Of all of JB's moves this one is having the most serious impact and lingering affect - cap hit.  I don't know how they can resolve this amicably at this point.  It's just bad. Maybe they find another "bad deal" that works out better for each team involved like Lucic and Neal.  They may just need to apply pressure to make him go away - Utica. This could get even uglier and camp will show if they can even fit him in.     

It sure sounds like JB and Green, with their recent comments, are setting the groundwork to send Loui to Utica.  Now, will Loui report?  I don’t think he will.  Maybe JB knows that Loui is coming off the books this fall?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

It sure sounds like JB and Green, with their recent comments, are setting the groundwork to send Loui to Utica.  Now, will Loui report?  I don’t think he will.  Maybe JB knows that Loui is coming off the books this fall?  

Which recent comments are you referring to ?

12 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Which recent comments are you referring to ?

Their most recent.  JB said that they have no problem sending a big contract to Utica.  Green said players, regardless of their contract, have to earn their place on the team.  I read the comments on CDC last week.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Toews said:

When I was young and foolish I believed the bolded.

Then young little millennials and the curse of the world - lawyers - came along. In the NHL or business or whatever, these pukes want to be given the moon after barely showing anything but 1 good year at whatever they do. I think it is pathetic now. Yes it was caused by greedy capitalists, stupid NHL gms, a pathetic NHL - NHL PA agreement, and a broken world. 

I can't support any little punk that cries for more money when they are 21 thinking they are owed the world. I like boser, but personally I would love for all those rfa's to miss the year.

But then my cognitive dissonance kicks in.......and I just really want to watch Canuck hockey again!!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1