The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

25 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Ristolainen would be a big welcome addition. 

Virtanen 

2020 1st 

+ prospect 

This is too much.  I think you get him for Virt/Hutton and 2019 2nd, maybe a late round pick or fringe prospect as an add.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Monty said:

People in Winnipeg were thrilled that Bogo was shipped out. Among his injuries, he had another nasty off-ice habit that didn’t sit well with his teammates or the organization.

What kind of habit are we talking about? (Is it of the legal or illegal variety?)

14 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

Having two D-men that can drive the play on two different pairings would greatly help our puck possession #s.

This is 100% my hope.  Balance our pairings to have a puck mover and stay at home guy that we can pair together on all Dlines.

Hughes, Stecher, XXXX

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Sounds like the kind of guy you want out there to back up Hughes and Pettersson...

I would maybe do a third + depth player for him, not on board trading a Benning patented 2nd round pick for him though.   

Edited by Bure_Pavel

31 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

@SabreFan1 Is Ristolainen's brutal +/- entirely on him or is that a product of the team?

From what I've read, its a product of a poor young team, a wonky system, him being forced into the top pairing role, and couple that that with above average top pairing minutes.

With the right partner and moderately high second pairing minutes, he would be an absolute stud out there.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Oh geez. Lemme guess.....

9 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

What kind of habit are we talking about? (Is it of the legal or illegal variety?)

On the right track, here.

I hope it's Ristolainen. I'm not worried about the concerns that he cant play defense,  that could be taught... but you cant teach size and skill. 

He plays with a physical edge too, I've seen him take runs at dudes. He ticks a lot of boxes we're looking for on defense. 

Having said that, I hope it's not for the 10th! 

Edited by Trebreh
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Risto is terrible defensively 

He's 'ok' defensively. 

He was put in the big/hard minute match up role, on a poor team, with no goalie while only being 'ok' defensively. That's not going to be a good look.

In a 2nd, offensive pair role, he would flourish IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1