The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens will not qualify Hunter Shinkaruk, set to become a UFA on July 1st

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Easy there captain hindsight.

Uh, I am pretty sure I would not have put three Canucks together that could not have ever played together as not all three were Canucks at same time.    That is why curious about "we".   It would be like saying someone was interested in seeing the "EP40 - Linden - Bertuzzi" line.

If I were him at this point I'd be travelling. From Switzerland to the Scanadinavian countries and Russia. Making solid money while living in some of the most interesting parts of the world doing something you love more than anything else playing hockey.

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Some guys need a change of scenary to get it thru their head that you can't get by in this league just by talent alone.  In Grabner's case, it was a couple of trades.

He scored 30 goals the season after we traded him when he was given a full season to play. Not sure what u are talking about 

9 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

He scored 30 goals the season after we traded him when he was given a full season to play. Not sure what u are talking about 

He didn’t score 30 goals for the Panthers.  Message still didn’t get thru his head as he lost his spot on the roster to Darcy friggin Hordichuk before the start of the season.  Put on waivers where the Islanders claimed him.  If you can’t beat out a guy for a roster spot at a point in his career where can’t fight well anymore, you know you have a problem.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He didn’t score 30 goals for the Panthers.  Message still didn’t get thru his head as he lost his spot on the roster to Darcy friggin Hordichuk before the start of the season.  Put on waivers where the Islanders claimed him.

Grabner never played for the panthers . Wtf are u talking about . 

18 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Grabner never played for the panthers . Wtf are u talking about . 

You quoted my post.  Did you even read it?  I said he lost his spot on the roster before the season started.  He was going thru the motions in training camp.  The Panthers were hardly a deep team then (bottom five in goals the season before and the 2010-11 season).  

I recall not liking the idea of drafting Boeser because we just drafted Shinkaruk, Virtanen the year before added, Sven Baertchi recently.

how wrong I was, omg.  lol this is why we should never be gm's.  we might think were mad genius, that we keep saying "I would have picked Tkachuk over Juolevi"  or "Ehlers over Virtanen" but in the end we don't know squat and on any given day, the Canucks will out draft any one of us individuals out there. 

On 6/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, Keenan's Moustache said:

How about Boston had 3 chances to draft ONE of Boeser, Barzal, Connor or Chabot......... ^_^

To be honest, I don’t think they care. The dynamic duo dim Jim and chirelli somehow fluked out a cup and fluked 2 finals.

When you can win a cup with the two worst GMs in the league, trade Seguin for Erikkson, pass on Boeser , chabot, and barzal.....you can do anything you want and it still works out somehow.

We should hire a Boston gypsie or siren instead of doing whatever we are doing. Might be more effective,  it’s certainly working for the Bruins.

Also, I still think the way we handled him was the reason he bombed and Granlund sort of survived. We gave him one nhl shift for 10 seconds and then traded him.

i honestly think if Granlund stayed on Calgary, he would be worse off than Shinkaruk right now. We stupidly gave Granlund a life line when he sucks too.

10 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

To be honest, I don’t think they care. The dynamic duo dim Jim and chirelli somehow fluked out a cup and fluked 2 finals.

When you can win a cup with the two worst GMs in the league, trade Seguin for Erikkson, pass on Boeser , chabot, and barzal.....you can do anything you want and it still works out somehow.

We should hire a Boston gypsie or siren instead of doing whatever we are doing. Might be more effective,  it’s certainly working for the Bruins.

you seem odd

who do you believe drafted brock for the nucks?
please name that gm

(unless i totally misunderstood the 2 you are referring to by the two worst GMs

but then that is on you. .because i can infer no other meaning from the thoughts you posted)

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

you seem odd

who do you believe drafted brock for the nucks?
please name that gm

(unless i totally misunderstood the 2 you are referring to by the two worst GMs

but then that is on you. .because i can infer no other meaning from the thoughts you posted)

Not that hard to follow to be honest.

The topic was the bruins being flukey as hell.

The examples why were they surviving and thriving on:

-terrible management from chirelli and benning

-trading seguin for garbage like erikksson

- passing on 3 elite players in the draft.

All three points are totally unrelated and Benning drafting Boeser doesn’t change any of those points. Benning is still a terrible manger and Boston still passed on 3 elite players. The continuity and consistency is there in that post. What exactly is the problem here? 

Archived