The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tom Pyatt, 2019 6th-round pick to Sharks for Francis Perron, 2019 7th-round pick

Pyatt is a UFA.  San Jose looking for cheap depth players.  He'll likely get a league minimum contract and will get the opportunity to play on their 4th line.

Edited by mll

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Oh Utica needs all the help it can get. Only a switch of 6th and 7th round, not much especially when we have 3 6 rounders.

I thought the drafting genius of our GM was going to land us three potential superstars in the sixth round. I was really hoping for that!

Likely replaces the likes of Reid Boucher and perhaps gives Gaudette a suitable playmaking winger to work with in Utica.

I like this deal too because Perron had a pretty good year for the Barracuda, so if injuries occur, we have some offensive punch we can call up.

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Where is the help on defence???!!!!

Another year of Juolevi developing and potentially Tryamkin back will go a long way. I'm not as worried about this coming season to make any major changes to our D.

But a bit of a minor deal for a mid-level prospect who gives Utica a bit more than an AHL vet. We'll see how that leaves Utica down the middle, but a trade with no major complaints.

11 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I love getting Miller.  Hes going to bolster the top 6 big time.

But that 1st leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If the pick is 2021 and later than 20, this could be very good deal for us.  Miller is exactly the type of top 6 player we need, is just hitting his prime and is on a fair deal with term.  We need to see how this plays out before getting too choked.  A guy like miller would cost at least 6x6 as a UFA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:
SCOUTING RELik
Assets: Is a very cerebral player who uses his vision, passing skills and strong hockey IQ to create offense. Can be a major asset on special teams, too.
Flaws: Is rather thin and lacks bulk, so he could struggle to produce offense at the NHL level. Therefore, he must get significantly stronger.
Career Potential: Diminutive, highly creative playmaker with some upside.

So basically Goldobin