The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carson Focht | C

elvis15

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not a fan of mccann's game. 

I thought McCann’s game was fine. He also fine tuned it since leaving Vancouver. He didn’t become the strong 2-way center we hope him to be, but he still will have a solid NHL career. I am not a fan of his attitude and personality based on some of the reports I have read about. Now, I hope he has changed since then.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

What a run Focht is on right now.  Second in the WHL in points per game.

1900169115_ScreenShot2019-10-19at6_42_48PM.thumb.png.6de5936197a3847f75719ac3fb067690.png

I believe Kindopp is a 20 year old and Focht is actually leading the WHL in U20 scoring. 

18 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Stylistically, Focht's overall game reminds me of Jared McCann in how slippery and quick he was in junior.

I made that comparison as well. Smart fundamental player with some good tools who good really stand to add some muscle. 

• Thanks 1

Another gem by Benning and crew? No way! Hopefully he does enough to get a spot on the WJ team.

My feeling though is that he's more like Brendan Gaunce. But that's okay if so, at least we didn't use a 1st rounder this time around. To be clear, I actually liked Gaunce during his time here, so this isn't a knock at all.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Another gem by Benning and crew? No way! Hopefully he does enough to get a spot on the WJ team.

My feeling though is that he's more like Brendan Gaunce. But that's okay if so, at least we didn't use a 1st rounder this time around. To be clear, I actually liked Gaunce during his time here, so this isn't a knock at all.

I'm not sure if that's a slant at either Gaunce or Focht. Focht seems to have wayyyy more mobility than Gaunce did.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm not sure if that's a slant at either Gaunce or Focht. Focht seems to have wayyyy more mobility than Gaunce did.

Gaunce was a pretty dominant center in juniors. But I agree that Focht looks more mobile, but that could be that Focht is like 20 lbs lighter than Gaunce in juniors. But either way, hopefully Focht exceeds that level.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Gaunce was a pretty dominant center in juniors. But I agree that Focht looks more mobile, but that could be that Focht is like 20 lbs lighter than Gaunce in juniors. But either way, hopefully Focht exceeds that level.

It will be interesting to see if Focht makes the WJC team

On 10/21/2019 at 12:17 PM, theo5789 said:

He was good but I wouldn't necessarily say dominant.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to not get super excited/attached to late round picks, but Carson Focht's game gets me really excited.  A kid who knows how to play with skill but accompany it with battle. 

I read a lot of draft analysts take on Focht and almost all of them gave him very poor scouting reports.  Glad he is shoving it down their throats for the time being.  He is being Calgary's stronghold

• 2 weeks later...