Hey it's just as important to have a guy who can shut down the big guys

as it is to have an offensive guy.

I love his compete!

I hope he comes over for camp next year

He can room with Roussel :)

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I hope he comes over for camp next year

He can room with Roussel :)

Podz has asked for him as his roomie. "Anyone 12 inches smaller than me who wrestles me to the ice is worth getting to know"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Lofty praise for the kid.  Could've easily given it IMO to any of Gunler (some wicked heavy snipes), Holtz/ Raymond (both can dangle and snipe), Soderblom (Detroit's giant front of the net prospect) but sweet that they picked our rat.  

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

3rd last pick last year! Good job JB

The next Patric Horqvist.

You could have told me I was watching a 2nd round pick play in that tournament and I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

So great to be adding these high value picks late.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The next Patric Horqvist.

You could have told me I was watching a 2nd round pick play in that tournament and I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

So great to be adding these high value picks late.

True - but also he could be the next Cole Cassels and lesser extent Gustav Forsling so whilst his WJC experience very positive, don't think we can say he's the next Hornqvist just yet. 

Except those guys were higher picks so the disappointment was higher.

I compared him to Hornqvist simply because Hornqvist was taken as the last pick in his draft.

Costmar not making it as a 7th round pick would be expected. No one can deny the early returns though.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I compared him to Hornqvist simply because Hornqvist was taken as the last pick in his draft.

Costmar not making it as a 7th round pick would be expected. No one can deny the early returns though.

Never say never. As I recall; Alex Burrows was not even drafted and look how that turned out. It will be interesting to watch how he progresses as the Canucks have till mid 2023 to sign him or not. He does seem to have some similar attributes to Alex but only time will tell if he is NHL material.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Never say never. As I recall; Alex Burrows was not even drafted and look how that turned out. It will be interesting to watch how he progresses as the Canucks have till mid 2023 to sign him or not. He does seem to have some similar attributes to Alex but only time will tell if he is NHL material.

I’m not saying never.

Im saying if he doesn’t make it that would be less disappointing than when Cassels didn’t pan out.  

He for sure has the tools to make it. Excited to see how far he can go.

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yes. Not addressed particularly at your comment but more generally that despite a very promising WJC tournament and a great "early returns", still a ways to go for the young man until he makes it.  

2 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Yes. Not addressed particularly at your comment but more generally that despite a very promising WJC tournament and a great "early returns", still a ways to go for the young man until he makes it.  

Thanks for sharing that. Don't forget to also tell us to look both ways before crossing the road.

• Haha 3