The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arvid Costmar | C

• 1 month later...

I’ve gone back and watched some games I had to see what I was missing. I like Costmar and he is a tenacious player and tbh his skill level is far above his draft place.

that said I can see him making the A if he comes over and be a solid player at that level, I’m just not seeing enough at the moment to think he will make the transition above that.

I would love to be wrong though, any maybe if he does come over he will continue to develop as some players thrive the more they have to upskill, others flounder 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Cheers 1

• 3 months later...

Chris Faber’s prospects update:

Arvid Costmar, 2019 7th Round Pick

After showing us how feisty he can truly be at the World Junior Championships, Arvid Costmar went back to the SHL and suffered a shoulder injury that kept him out for the remainder of the 2020-21 season. He has now made a full recovery and is back with Linköping of the SHL.

“I’ve been working hard to get my shoulder stronger and agile as possible,” said Costmar. “It now feels really good, it feels like my shoulder and body are in good shape and I am very ready for hockey.”

Costmar has been training with Linköping since they began team workouts this past Friday.

When it comes to his role, Costmar is projected to be in a middle-six role while also getting time on both special teams units. He has a new coach this season with Klas Östman coming in as the team’s head coach. Costmar has enjoyed the new coach so far and is ready to earn a bigger role as he primarily played fourth-line minutes last season in his 22 SHL games.

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/08/10/what-hearing-canucks-prospects-fabers-august-update/

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

What I saw of him in the WJC was very encouraging. He drives the game a lot of the time IMHO

Exactly..... and I loved how he irritated Podkolzin so much he drew Podz into taking a penalty

https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status/1344498871188111362?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1344498871188111362|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcanucksarmy.com%2F2020%2F12%2F30%2Fbattle-podkolzin-costmar-world-juniors%2F

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Any updates on this kid? 

He’s playing about 10 minutes a game for Linkoping (SHL), alternating between LW and RW, starting on either the 3rd or 4th line, or as the 13th forward in the lineup.

Made a nice play to pick up a 2nd assist in his most recent game:

That’s a full value secondary assist. Side steps his check in the neutral zone, with the puck on his stick, to open a clear path and secure the controlled entry, passes off and heads for the net, engages physically to take away the low defenceman, which helps open up a backdoor play for the trailing man who scores off a nice setup.

Costmar has 3 points (1G 2A), 19 shots, and 9 hits in 16 SHL games so far this season.

• Like 1