The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Please be true....

Benning true to his word if this is indeed the case. 

He would fix the defence.... he is definitely trying to do so. 

And he added a top 6 player to play with EP and BB....

very pleased. 

• Cheers 1

Not bad at all. 5 yrs is good. Anything 5 yrs or less is good. 

6 mill? Did anyone think he could be had for less than 6 mill?

JB did well with this deal.  This is as good as it was going to get. 

Top 4 RHD to play with Hughes.  Good job signing. 

Let's get one more top 6 forward and we can make the playoffs.  Gotta move some salary out and go after Nyquist.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

• -SN- changed the title to [Rumour] Canucks to sign Tyler Myers 5 years 30 million
4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I think Lee is probably why Montreal has been dumping cap such as shaw. I think he is gone.

But some guys such as ferland may find themselves without teams later in the day tomorrow and maybe they drop their asking prices.  The top guys such as lee probably all get picked up but maybe that gives us a chance with a ferland type.

Yeah, Habs showing $13.5mil for 22 contracts, so they could add both Lee and Gardiner.  They could certainly use his size.  Even if we went after Ferland, wouldn't want to go near $5mil on him, and no more than 4 years either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I think Lee is probably why Montreal has been dumping cap such as shaw. I think he is gone.

But some guys such as ferland may find themselves without teams later in the day tomorrow and maybe they drop their asking prices.  The top guys such as lee probably all get picked up but maybe that gives us a chance with a ferland type.

Sign me up for a Ferland type except not with the price tag. The best way to enjoy this type of player is to draft and develop him. Then watch him truculate all over the ice for 3 years at entry level money!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Dude was making 5.5 last year and some are saying 6 is overpaying. Lol. We know you hate Benning but for &^@# sakes, get a grip. And for 5 years and not the 7 predicted. 

So if Loui Eriksson right now got a 6.5 million per year contract that wouldn't be overpaying because he's getting 6 million right now? What kind of logic is that?

This is an overpayment, CLEARLY, just as 95% of FA deals are, just as his 5.5 million dollar contract to play on WPG's 2nd or 3rd pairing was as well.

However, it's also probably the best anyone could've done with Myers so props to JB. That does not take away from the fact that Myers is not worth 6 million dollars.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yup, and that's with "worst defenceman in the NHL" Gudbranson and "even worse" Pouliot, 56-game Edler and 55-game Tanev, plus our heavy-lifting Cs 26-game Sutter and 57-game Beagle.  So how was that possible?  Marky should won the Vezina, right?

Impossible for a Canuck to win a Vezina. Lu should of won it his first year here. He was unbelievable. Instead the popularity contest cheerleaders in the East gave it to Brodeur. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Impossible for a Canuck to win a Vezina. Lu should of won it his second year here. He was unbelievable. Instead the popularity contest cheerleaders in the East gave it to Brodeur. 

First year. And yes I agree Lou was unbelievable that year. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Could have been worse...longer term and higher cap hit. Be interesting to see what kind of NTC or NMC he gets. Have to assume the contract is heavily based on early year signing bonuses

I'm guessing there is a NMC as a trade off ( expansion 21/22 ) for a lower salary.

Edited by 6string

Maybe JB should try to grab Stralman tomorrow too. Due to his age and the cap crunch through out the league, maybe he can be had for a good deal.

Edler Stralman

Hughes Myers

Benn Tanev

Or trade Tanev and make the 3rd pairing into Benn Stecher.

I would like this very much lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not 100% confirmed yet. We should probably wait until the announcement is made before jumping the gun on a thread.

Last time CDC jumped the gun, the Canucks were getting JT Miller for a 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have Miller but damn, I'd have preferred the original version of that trade. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agreed. Not sure why this thread is needed when we already have a Myers thread with all the same info. This thread says signing but we all know that cannot happen until tomorrow morning.

I think there's at least 3 threads now... and probably a 4th tomorrow AM.

• Haha 1