The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Just his sheer size makes us tougher to play against... at that height he has ridiculous reach but can also generate an insane amount of leverage.  Add in that Benn is a tough guy.

Can’t wait for Tryamkin to join them and we’ll be downright nasty on the back end.

People forget that it doesn't need to be a finished product in one offseason... we’re still building, just need to keep moving forward.

This is vancouver remember?

• Cheers 1

I wonder if a deal for Jamie Benn is in the works and possibly done because of Myers signing. Was listening to a Jordie Benn interview and he said Myers and Jamie are good friends. I wonder if part of Jamie coming was signing Jordie as well which would not be a bad thing because Jordie is a great player.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

I wonder if a deal for Jamie Benn is in the works and possibly done because of Myers signing. Was listening to a Jordie Benn interview and he said Myers and Jamie are good friends. I wonder if part of Jamie coming was signing Jordie as well which would not be a bad thing because Jordie is a great player.

I've been floating eriksson++ for jamie benn for months. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Just sitting here thinking, who would sooner have the 1st and 3rd back, an extra $6,000,000 in cap space over the next 5 and say, Colin Miller? I know I sure would. 

Don’t hurry yourself thinking there. The solution to that is, stop sitting around and start walking out the door and go enjoy the Texas sun.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shirotashi said:

What’s that now about J Benn? 

That could be great.

Scratch that. Found it.

Hear Benn talk about Jamie Benn & Myers being friends at 05:30. However, I suggest listening to the entire Jordie Benn interview. It’s very nice to have him coming home.

Province interview

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Wouldn’t it be cool getting Jaime and Jordie this year and Barrie next year.  All that hometown talent gonna make the fans that much more excited to watch

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Wouldn’t it be cool getting Jaime and Jordie this year and Barrie next year.  All that hometown talent gonna make the fans that much more excited to watch

Barrie just got traded to Leafs 

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

He’s said he wants to sign in Vancouver next year.  Makes that even more likely since laughs don’t have the cap space to resign him

I believe but curious if this is an exact quote and where to find ? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

I believe but curious if this is an exact quote and where to find ? 

He probably said he would maybe like to play here someday and people blew it out of proportion.

I doubt he said he would play here next year. He will go to the team that gives him the best offer and chance to win.

21 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

He’s said he wants to sign in Vancouver next year.  Makes that even more likely since laughs don’t have the cap space to resign him

Interesting.  So Leafs just got rid of Kadri for a yr of Barrie?