The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Ah there it is:

He could still be exposed for Seattle :o

But wouldn't they then be responsible for his Sept 2021 signing bonus of $5 million?  That might scare them off

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

It says 30m over 5 years. Which I think is actually a great contract for the biggest UFA D still on the market. 6m cap hit that isn’t at max length? JB didn’t do that badly on this.

JB did a great job on this he's not protected for the Seatle draft and we can trade him 3-5 yrs down the road. Cannot get a better deal then that

• Upvote 1

Lets hope Myers pans out. Going to be real interesting player to watch next season for me. 

As much as I've shown concern about the idea of signing Myers, what cannot be argued is that he's definitely a positive addition to our defense. Also pretty satisfied with the contract.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

But wouldn't they then be responsible for his Sept 2021 signing bonus of $5 million?  That might scare them off

It doesn’t matter if they take him or not, it’s about having the free slot to protect whoever we need to.

Its pretty obvious that Myers wanted a deal with Vancouver to work no matter what based on those terms. He left money on the table and gave the team contract flexibility in regards to the expansion draft.

Now everyone who complained needs to just welcome him and let him play. We should be happy with thst contract.

• Upvote 3