The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Anders Lee to enter UFA period

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Too rich for us.  When can the Canucks and Loui mutually agree to terminate?  That’s six million off the cap.  

Not gonna happen. 

For that to happen, Loui would be out of the league until the contract expires.  

He wont be doing that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I know it would not be easy but should be possible if the Canucks aren't asking crazy prices. 

Sutter can still fill the role of a solid 3D for a team.  Baer I am sure someone would get is price wasn't too high.  Same as Tanev if we needed to free up more space. It would be challenging lol.

As far as Tanev goes, I don't think if I want to trade him. If we can acquire a top 4 D in free agency and manage to keep Tanev as well, that's where our D gets upgraded. Shipping out Tanev and signing Myers is only a marginal upgrade IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

This is why we should be pretty happy with getting Miller at 5.25 instead of Hayes or Lee at 7-7.5

5.75 x 6 (maybe 7) years should be the max offer. We all know Lee will be offered more money come Canada Day but Benning will (hopefully) have learned from the Eriksson contract about handcuffing the team.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Not gonna happen. 

For that to happen, Loui would be out of the league until the contract expires.  

He wont be doing that. 

Then Loui gets waived coming out of camp, and sent to Utica.  I doubt he accepts the demotion, but even if he does we get 1 million off the cap.  

Love this player. But make no mistake - he turns 29 next month - signing him to big bucks for 7 years would be a horrible mistake.

Lou Lam and the Isles probably realize this, which is why they are letting their captain go.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

As far as Tanev goes, I don't think if I want to trade him. If we can acquire a top 4 D in free agency and manage to keep Tanev as well, that's where our D gets upgraded. Shipping out Tanev and signing Myers is only a marginal upgrade IMO. 

I think at this stage Myers is a decent upgrade with more reach, breakout ability, shot and durability.  Would you rather:

Myers at 6.5mil for 6 years plus a second round pick (for Tanev)

or 

Tanev for 5mil for 3 years 

22 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Lotsa players we could move to free up the space needed:

trade.PNG

You're correct, it could happen. I posted it elsewhere but we can get 4.7 in cap space by putting Loui and Schalier n Utica, and buying out Spooner. You could theoretically buy out Baer and save another 1.85 and get to 6.55 which would take care of most of Lee's salary.  I would prefer to move Baer for an asset but just saying it is possible.

I'd prefer to keep Sutter and Beagle tho, teams would have to match up against those two and then deal with a top 6 that includes Miller, Lee, Petey, Bo and Brock. Yikes. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

that would be filthy! then in 2 years

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Lee - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Gaudette - Virtanen

That might be the best top nine we’ve ever had. Roll a 4th line of Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen and that is an incredible forward group. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

That might be the best top nine we’ve ever had. Roll a 4th line of Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen and that is an incredible forward group. 

Imagine that lineup with Petey playing to his fullest potential and Hughes back there feeding them break out passes. :frantic:

JB will have to get creative in getting rid of the Sutter, Eriksson contracts first though...

Edited by Trebreh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

Imagine that lineup with Petey playing to his fullest potential and Hughes back there feeding them break out passes. :frantic:

JB will have to get creative in getting rid of the Sutter, Eriksson contracts first though...

We’d be cup favourites by 2022 at the LATEST if everything fell into place. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been pushing for Lee for some time now.  However - to be honest, I did not consider term and his age.  7 year term (which I assume he is looking for) means having him to 36 years old.  Occasionally you get a guy who is *almost* as productive at that age, but it is pretty uncommon. I'd still be interested, but wouldn't want to give him a ntc for any more than maybe 4-5 years so we can trade him once we feel he might be regressing.  Then of course there is the cap issue, but if we move out Eriksson somehow that solves all that... or perhaps we put together a buyout-friendly contract offer.

Lee would do wonders to our top line, and I don't think 60+ points is out of the question at all - while providing a physical presence on Petey's line.  Even at 7m, I think that is a fair deal.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

I have been pushing for Lee for some time now.  However - to be honest, I did not consider term and his age.  7 year term (which I assume he is looking for) means having him to 36 years old.  Occasionally you get a guy who is *almost* as productive at that age, but it is pretty uncommon. I'd still be interested, but wouldn't want to give him a ntc for any more than maybe 4-5 years so we can trade him once we feel he might be regressing.  Then of course there is the cap issue, but if we move out Eriksson somehow that solves all that... or perhaps we put together a buyout-friendly contract offer.

Lee would do wonders to our top line, and I don't think 60+ points is out of the question at all - while providing a physical presence on Petey's line.  Even at 7m, I think that is a fair deal.

why not just use long term injury retirement?