The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

Wasn't Casey Mittelstadt drafted the same year as Pete?  I recall some wanting us to draft him in the 1st round.  Glad that didn't happen because I am watching the Comets play play the Amercs and he is playing there instead of playing with the Saber's. B)

Edited by dpn1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Wasn't Casey Mittelstadt drafted the same year as Pete?  I recall some wanting us to draft him in the 1st round.  Glad that didn't happen because I am watching the Comets play play the Amercs and he is playing there instead of playing with the Saber's. B)

I don’t think Middlestadt is a bust.  He’s got lots of physical and mental maturing still to go through.  If the Sabres want to trade him, I’d want him here.  

• Upvote 1

Yeah @dpn1, I don't know what happened with Casey, maybe Buffalo brought him up too soon to the NHL.  

He actually looked good last year but it sounds like he has regressed.  As our insider @Alflives said, I'd love to get him on the Canucks as well.  He's a pest and a power forward, all in one.  If he puts it together, he could be pretty good one day. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think Middlestadt is a bust.  He’s got lots of physical and mental maturing still to go through.  If the Sabres want to trade him, I’d want him here.  

Ya but I am glad we took Pete. :)

The amazing thing about that draft is we took Pete, Lind, Gadg and Mikie D.  All three of the guys we took after Pete I believe will play over 100 games in the NHL.  Including Pete that makes 4 players from that draft.  That must be some kind of record set by Jimbo. :)

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is probably the most positive thing I've ever seen you write about a non-Canuck prospect.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

The idiots over at HFGeekboards are still whining about centers. The head geek is now saying they've ruined Jasek's chances of playing in the NHL because they have him playing centre. Jasek was a 6th round pick and is a long shot as it is. If that HF nimrod was 1/10th as smart as he thinks is, he'd realize it actually increases his chances, it makes him a versatile forward. Still a long shot. Not worth whining about but thats what he's best at.....whining when they're winning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timbermen said:

The idiots over at HFGeekboards are still whining about centers. The head geek is now saying 

You need to be more specific.

HFdbags seem to have a bunch of "head geek"s over there lol.

Edit: in fact, I heard that the suicidal poster at hfdbags  - Y2Kloser -  is actually the President and CEO of his own manual labour pencil sharpening company.  He is the only employee so he is also the head pencil sharpener.  He only has one eye....he poked out his other eye with a sharp pencil.  :ph34r:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You need to be more specific.

HFdbags seem to have a bunch of "head geek"s over there lol.

Edit: in fact, I heard that the suicidal poster at hfdbags  - Y2Kloser -  is actually the President and CEO of his own manual labour pencil sharpening company.  He only has one employee so he is also the head pencil sharpener.  He only has one eye....he poked out his other eye with a sharp pencil.  :ph34r:

Yeah. That guy has absolutely lost his marbles over a message board and a hockey team. Sad ... sad ... sad.

• Cheers 2