The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Look at the same point in a different way?  (It was a good point.)

Benning says he does not negotiate in public?  But it should be clear to everyone, exactly what he valued Brock at by how much he has left over after signing those UFA's. I was as surprised as anyone when we added Ferland. But it set the bar. Add to it, they have stated publicly, they are willing to go into LTIR to make a deal. So willing to work on the budget, a bit, that is publicly set; $7 mill a year or just under. 

Not uncoincidentally enough? Its been reported he offered, and Brock knocked back exactly that $7 mill!

In the context of negotiations, I think JB spent big so he had leverage when he realized BB was going to be looking for a huge deal.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Not uncoincidentally enough? Its been reported he offered, and Brock knocked back exactly that $7 mill!

It was also reported that Edler was not re-signing here and that Vancouver was a destination no UFA's would consider anymore. 

I think the 'it's been reported' factor has never been less less legitimate than it is now in sports in general imo.  Benning himself has stated publicly the organization has the ways/means to pay BB - unless JB or someone directly involved in the process themselves speaks about specific details I'm personally going to just focus on who is in camp versus who isn't.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

Like Laine, unless BB is scoring, he's pretty much totally invisible and has almost no impact on the game.  That's not a shot at BB, that's just the player he is.  Fortunately, he's very very good on offense.

To me, a player who drives the play is the guy who has the puck on his stick most of the time.......the guy to whom the puck seems to follow around.  Thats not BB, he's the opportunist who puts himself into good spots to benefit from a play driver.

Adam Oates was the driver, Hull was the opportunist.  Petey is the driver, BB is the opportunist.

While I agree for the most part I do think BB is better in the defensive zone than Laine. On offense BB is very much a give and go type player. Laine to me is better at goal scoring but drives me nuts with his "I'm over here, get me the puck". He has to many dry spells during a season to be that lazy. If all things are equal, I wouldn't trade BB for Laine simply because I dont like Laine's attitude and love Brocks. 

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

In the context of negotiations, I think JB spent big so he had leverage when he realized BB was going to be looking for a huge deal.  

Even after the Luongo deal he still went out and got Ferland.   I think he knows he has enough in the coffers and enough flexibility to sign Boeser when the time comes.   I also have to wonder if he wouldn’t mind seeing how the team does without him to start - it’s a bit of a risk given playoffs are the obvious goal but it would also give him some indication of what to do with Goldy and LE, and maybe even give JV a chance in the top six to see if he can make something out of it.    

If the teams flat out of the gate sitting BB like Dubas did with Nylander also provides the means for an artificial tank to keep his pick this year.   I want him signed as much as the next guy - and think JB has given him several fair options (which likely have a time attached to them and most of them have likely expired),  having BB sit does have some silver linings to it, though I doubt the media or the fans in general will see it that way.   Signing RFAs to fair deals these days isn’t an easy process but some GMs have managed it regardless, hope he sticks to his guns and doesn’t fold.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Is there a stat that shows how many of BB assists are primary assist?   To me that would mean "driving play".

Hope BB signs but not opposed if he gets traded.  He is (or will be) an elite winger but not a "franchise" winger (yet...could be a late bloomer like Naslund).

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

Is there a stat that shows how many of BB assists are primary assist?   To me that would mean "driving play".

Hope BB signs but not opposed if he gets traded.  He is (or will be) an elite winger but not a "franchise" winger (yet...could be a late bloomer like Naslund).

16 primary assists to 14 secondary assists

https://icydata.hockey/player_stats/primary-and-secondary/27/stats

1 minute ago, BPA said:

16 on the 30 were primary (9 at 5v5) but a few were likely on rebounds from his shot.   It's not quite the same as setting up his teammate with a tape to tape pass.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

16 on the 30 were primary (9 at 5v5) but a few were likely on rebounds from his shot.   It's not quite the same as setting up his teammate with a tape to tape pass.  

True.  But even if his assists are from rebounds, it's to the adage of "get shots on net and good things will happen".

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Like Laine, unless BB is scoring, he's pretty much totally invisible and has almost no impact on the game.  That's not a shot at BB, that's just the player he is.  Fortunately, he's very very good on offense.

To me, a player who drives the play is the guy who has the puck on his stick most of the time.......the guy to whom the puck seems to follow around.  Thats not BB, he's the opportunist who puts himself into good spots to benefit from a play driver.

Adam Oates was the driver, Hull was the opportunist.  Petey is the driver, BB is the opportunist.

Come on stawns

Don't do me like that

Hall and Oates were equally important

And I don't know what music has to do with Boeser?

:bigblush:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

This is so frustrating. I’m most concerned about his fitness/compete level. We don’t want to see another Nylander! If this doesn’t get done by the end of pre-season, then just trade him. As much as I wouldn’t want that, it would be the best for both sides.

If he is from Minnesota then maybe send him there. Zucker and a pick?

Edited by grandmaster

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This is so frustrating. I’m most concerned about his fitness/compete level. We don’t want to see another Nylander! If this doesn’t get done by the end of pre-season, then just trade him. As much as I wouldn’t want that, it would be the best for both sides.

If he is from Minnesota then maybe send him there. Zucker and a pick?

Bess will score 50 with Petey.  We need to keep him.  Plus, Nylander is a soft, selfish, perimeter player.  The excuse he "was in bad condition" for his terrible season is a fallacy.  He's a terrible player, who is way overpaid.  

Bess will sign soon enough, and all will be good.  :towel:

Just now, Alflives said:

Bess will score 50 with Petey.  We need to keep him.  Plus, Nylander is a soft, selfish, perimeter player.  The excuse he "was in bad condition" for his terrible season is a fallacy.  He's a terrible player, who is way overpaid.  

Bess will sign soon enough, and all will be good.  :towel:

I hope so. We’ll see. Fitness has become a huge issue in this league.

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

I hope so. We’ll see. Fitness has become a huge issue in this league.

Some guys are just gifted more when it comes to fitness, and aerobic capacity.  Maybe Jake trained super hard, but is just not capable to reach an aerobic goal set for him?  

You all are funny. Only reason Mr. Boeser hasnt signed is that he doesn't want to be at camp and doesn't want to be obligated to pre season. With what's going on in his life.... he wants to be at home with his family. This is the easier cleaner way to do it... he doesn't have to do anything hockey related and can spend quality time with his pops. You'll see him sign before reg season. Hes doing his conditioning on the ice back home. So everyone stop and think about it. Its logical . And you all would do the same in his position.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Some guys are just gifted more when it comes to fitness, and aerobic capacity.  Maybe Jake trained super hard, but is just not capable to reach an aerobic goal set for him?  

thats actually quite possible. Jake may be suited to be a 13-14 min per night player from a cardio perspective. 10 years ago he'd be fine but now its all speed all the time. But we'll see, I think as the season progressions he'll lose the chub and be a good player. 

• Upvote 1

Guys, like you, I'm also anxious to find out if BB will re-sign soon.... but has he really done enough to show that he deserves $7M a year?? I have faith in JB that he's gonna push for a bridge deal worth around $6M a year for the next 3 years. I think that's a fair deal for both sides! Boeser is still so young, got EP40 as his centre, so he's got tons of opportunities to prove he is worthy of a long term deal (6-7 years, $7M+ AAV). 

• Upvote 2

In my opinion 3 years is the term at this point - no more no less.  Fits well with the existing deals and gets Hughes and Petey past their ELC's - they will set the table. 

There will be a ton of the old contracts done including Eriksson and Luongo.

I am stuck at $5.5 Million ($6.0 at the very most) based on current bridge deals and his performance to date taking into consideration he hasn't played a full season in the NHL and he also missed time in College due to injury - or let him sit unless a trade comes along that is just too good to turn down.

I truly feel for his family situation but none of the parties have claimed it is what is holding up the deal.  Its' money.

image.thumb.png.b08aa199bbcec513cb5a597c0109a11b.png

image.thumb.png.d2e05d72b8dc9ed1efcb650ea5ccc27b.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Who would have thought Boeser would hold out longer then most of the other RFA's. Not impressed if he really has been turning down good offers as has been reported.  I hate greedy players . Seriously , the kid is going to be a multi millionaire in his early 20's , retire before the age of 40 and have enough to retire most of his family to boot no matter what. After a certain point , u really need to demand more term or money? I mean seriously,  leave some money on the table to help ur team , shutup and play the damn game .