The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Nylander (Buf) traded to Chi for Jokiharju

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It also looks like some of his underlying numbers were among the best on the Blackhawks...

Although it’s a small sample size, under coach Q he had good numbers for sure.

Unfortunately Q got axed and his stats started to go down and he was sent to Rockford.

I still think it’s a better trade for you guys.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Although it’s a small sample size, under coach Q he had good numbers for sure.

Unfortunately Q got axed and his stats started to go down and he was sent to Rockford.

I still think it’s a better trade for you guys.

I don't watch a lot of Chicago games anymore so I can only go on his analytics and what others are saying.  Chicago fans flipped out on social media for hours that he was being traded before they finally got tired and just accepted it.

56 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I wonder if Chicago will make a play for William Nylander now??   They have the assets to do it. 

Hawks looking to get their own set of Swedish brothers?  That’d be cute.

Hawks would be very easy to play against with those two though.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was Willie Nylander lol. Had me there. Good deal for both sides. If anyone can get something out of Nylander Chicago might be the spot. They did well with Perlini and Strome last season. Buffalo gets immediate help on D from a young stud 

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hawks looking to get their own set of Swedish brothers?  That’d be cute.

Hawks would be very easy to play against with those two though.

We would have to expose them for what they are......ahem. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubble Man said:

I can’t rationalize this. jokiharju would automatically become our #1 prospect. He doesn’t have the shot but feeds like Phil Kessel on a orange Julius hotdog.

I miss Orange Julius hot dogs...... and Orange Julius. I didn't know they were even still around. Omg. They have 95 grams of sugar!!! Guess I'll have to pass. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

Buffalo, I also think wins this trade. 

young RD defenseman, for a forward that still hasn't found his game, or at the very least struggling? 

Don't know what Chicago is thinking when they made the trade. Doesn't look great right off the bat. But we'll see. Nylander can still make it, if he can turn things around. That's a big if. 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I miss Orange Julius hot dogs...... and Orange Julius. I didn't know they were even still around. Omg. They have 95 grams of sugar!!! Guess I'll have to pass. 

I liked JKwinter hot dogs for the time they were here, much better quality than Orange Julius IMO

55 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Im not a fan of the Oilers, but Michael Nylander is an absolute douche for that stunt he pulled on Edmonton

I recall that one, where he reneged his contract with Edmonton to sign with the Caps.

If I remember correctly, wasn't ol Mike Gillis his agent too.  Probably didn't help his image once he became a GM.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Joki had very poor camp performance last year.

When he made the roster he got paired with Keith, guy that spends limited amount of time in his own zone.

This made Joki isolated and opponents were beating him on the inside and the outside.

When he got sent down to Rockford, he regressed and lost  his confidence imo.

Also Gustafson is almost the same player as Jokiharju.

Change of scenery might do him good, I am hoping the same for Nylander.

There were articles in both the Herald and the Tribune saying the Hawks weren't happy about the way Joker handled the demotion to Rockford back then either.  Mentioned Henri having a bad attitude about it and being a bit dismissive of the staff down there.  And considering the Hawks have Keith, Seabrook, De Haan, Maatta, Murphy, Gus, and Koekkoek already on the roster and Joker the only waiver availability, he was probably gonna be in Rockford again.

On the flip side, its almost a guarantee that Nylander is on Hawks roster, and probably in the top 6 to pump his tires from the get go.

But man, Hawks fans are pissed.  If this trade doesn't turn out well, Stan could find himself reunited with Q in Florida before Thanksgiving.

Edited by skolozsy2

4 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

But man, Hawks fans are pissed.  If this trade doesn't turn out well, Stan could find himself reunited with Q in Florida before Thanksgiving.

You've been seeing the reactions all over social media as well?  There's an ocean's worth of salt coming out of Chicago.  :lol:

• Haha 2