The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Andreas Borgman to Blues for Jordan Schmaltz

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Jokes aside, this is a positive move for Toronto. Gives them a bottom pairing RD (or at least a spare) for a guy that probably was never going to make it.

?

Borgman has less chance of 'making it' than Schmaltz?

Not sure I agree with you = Borgman is younger (nearly two years), has a slight edge in NHL experience -  more productive - and physical - in that experience.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

This is what happens when you have a top heavy cap roster. 

If it works for them i might actually stop watching hockey.

Don’t worry; the Shanaplan ain’t working.  Heard Dubas quoted on the radio.  When asked about his team being too soft, he said it’s not a problem if the game is called by the rules.  Ha ha ha!  He’s whining already about his team not being protected by the referees.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, oldnews said:

?

Not sure I agree with you = Borgman is younger (nearly two years), has a slight edge in NHL experience -  more productive - and physical - in that experience.

Well they needed more RD depth which Borgman wouldn't have provided. He got a bunch of games a couple seasons ago because the Toronto defense had 3 guys healthy all year, but didn't get a single game this season. So Borgman is a serviceable callup, but Schmaltz might actually be in the NHL as a bottom pairing guy or a 7/8 (or 3/4 in the RD depth chart). In this scenario (I guess I should been more specific here) Schmaltz benefits Toronto more than Borgman does as he would be 5th on the LD depth chart at best so it remains a "positive" move for them.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, oldnews said:

?

Perhaps you haven't checked their HERO charts.  Should consult JD Burke, he'll help you revise your hockey knowledge.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Well they needed more RD depth which Borgman wouldn't have provided. He got a bunch of games a couple seasons ago because the Toronto defense had 3 guys healthy all year, but didn't get a single game this season. So Borgman is a serviceable callup, but Schmaltz might actually be in the NHL as a bottom pairing guy or a 7/8 (or 3/4 in the RD depth chart). In this scenario (I guess I should been more specific here) Schmaltz benefits Toronto more than Borgman does as he would be 5th on the LD depth chart at best so it remains a "positive" move for them.

What about the much hyped Littlegren?  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

What about the much hyped Littlegren?  

RD, gives him another year to develop and someone to beat out. Doesn't need waivers, so can be called up if needed.

Edited by theo5789

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could Toronto give us a 1st round pick for Tram? 

No thank you. Tryamkin will be a force on our team for years to come. I'd hate to see that giant helping the Leafs.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Slegr said:

No thank you. Tryamkin will be a force on our team for years to come. I'd hate to see that giant helping the Leafs.

Agreed.  Tryamkin is a unique talent that you can’t find.  There is an X factor he brings that I wouldn’t trade for a late 1st.  I just can’t wait for him to come back in March.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Agreed.  Tryamkin is a unique talent that you can’t find.  There is an X factor he brings that I wouldn’t trade for a late 1st.  I just can’t wait for him to come back in March.

Agreed with both of you.  The people on this board who don't understand Tryamkin's value basically don't understand hockey.

• Upvote 1