The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils re-sign Nico Hischier, 7 year, $50.75 million

HerrDrFunk

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Devils rigged 2 drafts but it still worked in their disadvantage.

Instead of Hicscier they should have drafted Petey ....\

Buffalo should have draft QH43 instead of Dahlin too!

Jack hughes is a bust - they probably should have drafted Podkolzin :P

I agreed with 1/3 of your points. In a re-draft, EP goes #1 no doubt. As much as we all love QH43, Dahlin was a no brainer as a #1 pick and he was projected and will still be the best player in his draft year. Jack Hughes vs. Vasili Podkolzin is way too early to project. Advantage still goes to Jack Hughes. But I always hope Jack Hughes to be a Dylan Strome 2.0, where he doesn't live up to his hype in New Jersey, we acquire him for cheap and he blossoms here.

• Cheers 1

Good signing for the Devils.  Nico is part of their core and this contract will look like one of the best signings within the next couple of years.

Man, the Devils sure have the market on undersized forwards though.  Shoulda picked Kakkozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:o

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Devils rigged 2 drafts but it still worked in their disadvantage.

Instead of Hicscier they should have drafted Petey ....\

Buffalo should have draft QH43 instead of Dahlin too!

Jack hughes is a bust - they probably should have drafted Podkolzin :P

Hischer is looks to be a really good player though. I think he might be an elite player down the line.

If anything Philly looks like they were the ones that got the short end of the stick in the draft. And not just because they passed on Petterson (which I assure you even Canucks fans were mad JB didn't pick Glass), it's more because they passed on Cale Makar and Miro Heiskanen. 

40 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Hischer is looks to be a really good player though. I think he might be an elite player down the line.

If anything Philly looks like they were the ones that got the short end of the stick in the draft. And not just because they passed on Petterson (which I assure you even Canucks fans were mad JB didn't pick Glass), it's more because they passed on Cale Makar and Miro Heiskanen. 

What? Philly got pretty much the best ranked player of the draft. Patrick was unanimous number one until just before the draft.

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Seems high right now. They're paying for what he could be, not what he's been. 

Could be a steal, but I'm not so sure. Jersey's got some nice pieces but if they lose Hall that's a step back offensively. 

Times are changing... most players now will only get the chance at 1 contract in their prime.