The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks Nov 2 7PM on CBC

Rate this topic

Baer.

6 minutes ago, Qwags said:

It's about damn time the Sharks had to rebuild. Glad I don't have to worry about California anymore. Well, except for earthquakes.

Thornton was just too good for a long time as a playmaker. Crazy to think that he was drafted 2 years BEFORE the sedins and is still in NHL today. Imagine if the sedins played as long as he did and were still putting up 50+ points a year. That would mean they would be playing last season, this season and the next. 

Also they drafted pretty well with late round picks. 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Praise Green honestly. This team has energy through 60 minutes + . This is because of Green, he requires a high level of fitness From every player. All his bag skates. Veteran guys have even said they are some of the most intense they have been through. He has been an angel for this team. I’m glad the Canucks brought him in as head coach.

Nice to see some praise for TG. Once DeBoer gets canned in SJ for their weak ass start, some will be calling for the Canucks to hire him.

Just sayin

18 minutes ago, appleboy said:

What if they let Marky go to UFA status. Then try to sign him after the draft. 

Canucks will likely try to bribe SEA with draft pick(s) or something NOT to take either goalie. There’s a surplus of goalies elsewhere wanting another opportunity or a move. I’d be far more worried that they’d want Demko over Marky. They will expose Markstrom. Perhaps Marky gives up a year to play in Sweden and/or refuses to sign in SEA, but his NHL rights could definitely be lost in the dispersal draft & the Canucks would possibly need to barter hard to get him back. Doubt that SEA would want to do much anything to appease or aid a divisional opponent tho’? 

Edited by viking mama

17 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Demmer is really impressing me.  Really developing so well.

Remember that game a couple of years ago when Demko got absolutely lit up in SJ? He was an emergency call up due to injuries and we lost like 8-0 or something like that.

Revenge is sweet!

EDIT: It was Micheal Depietro last season in that blowout against SJS, not Demko. He allowed 7 goals on 24 shots. 

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hrudey needs to stop drinking. 

He's better on the drink.

Just now, redhdlois said:

Doesn’t he have a thumb? 

He has two. 

But they can't drive on a highway for 3hrs for me because he's only 10.

If he was 12, whole other story. I'd stay up drinking all night and let him choose the route.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Remember that game a couple of years ago when Demko got absolutely lit up in SJ? He was an emergency call up due to injuries and we lost like 8-0 or something like that.

Revenge is sweet!

Think you're confused with Dipietro last year

That was ugly.

I gave up on Ben Hutton that game

Edit - Looch, you're trash.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He’s not going to Seattle…at least from us. If Benning let’s him go for free, that’s a huge blunder by Benning. 

We don't know how this is going to play out. Only that it's going to be difficult to navigate. It might not have anything to do with the expansion draft. Remember what happened in Vegas. We saw a smorgasbord of deals, side deals, deals made to make other deals... you couldn't blink without missing something.
So i think to say "there's no way Marky ends up in Seattle" is pretty premature. It could very well happen, one way or the other. Especially if whoever's in charge here then, sees a deal that makes sense, even though losing him would sting.
Again, I don't want him in Seattle. They're already talking $#@ about us and don't even have a name for their team yet.
In a perfect world, you retain everyone... but that just isn't realistic. Not anymore. 

Edited by fecklund
  • Like 1

Just now, viking mama said:

Canucks will likely try to bribe SEA with draft pick(s) or something NOT to take either goalie. There’s a surplus of goalies elsewhere wanting another opportunity or a move. I’d be far more worried that they’d want Demko over Marky. They will expose Markstrom. Perhaps Marky gives up a year to play in Sweden and/or refuses to sign in SEA, but his NHL rights could definitely be lost to in the dispersal draft and the Canucks would have to barter to get him back. 

I don't think Benning will do that. He said before the last expansion draft it's easier to just take the hit and lose one guy instead of giving them 2-3 guys to protect some guys only for them to take another dude anyway. That's like 3 holes you gotta fill to save one. With that said, it's easy to say that when the biggest names on the block for us during the Vegas draft was Sbisa and Gaunce. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1