The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

10 minutes ago, tas said:

yeah, I was 5 years old and I know the details too. it's well chronicled. 

I was merely pointing out that if everyone who claimed to be at the game actually was, they would have had to play it in a South American soccer stadium. 

Well unlike them I was actually there.  Did you know he didn't start on the 1st or 2nd line?  We didn't know it at the time in the arena but Jim Sandlack had been injured during the game so they moved Pavel up to  Ronning's line.  We were kind of surprised to see him switch lines because Rick Ley was filling in for Pat Quinn and we thought that was pretty brave of the temporary coach to switch lines.

• Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

That brought a tear to my eye. With no more 2 line pass rule and how open the game is now, how many would he score in the modern game?

Pavel was so incredibly fast, while carrying the puck.  I think the closest to him now would be McDavid.  Both guys are just electric, when carrying the puck at top speed.  I think Pavel stood out more, because there weren't any players even close to him speed wise, especially on D.  Today, if Pavel's speed was adjusted for now, he's be 10 miles per hour faster, which would give him the separation he had in the early 90's.  He's be a friggin' blue, with top speeds over 50 km.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, thepress83 said:

Canucks just posted on Instagram that Quinn Hughes is good to go.

Yeh!!!!!  He's a lot of fun to watch, and our PP just looks so much better with him on it.  

I wonder if the Canucks start marketing a little stuffed Huggy Bear with jersey 43 on it?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeh!!!!!  He's a lot of fun to watch, and our PP just looks so much better with him on it.  

I wonder if the Canucks start marketing a little stuffed Huggy Bear with jersey 43 on it?

Huggy Bear 43 sounds like a screenname on an online dating site... (I'm 49 so i can't use it haha)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Well unlike them I was actually there.  Did you know he didn't start on the 1st or 2nd line?  We didn't know it at the time in the arena but Jim Sandlack had been injured during the game so they moved Pavel up to  Ronning's line.  We were kind of surprised to see him switch lines because Rick Ley was filling in for Pat Quinn and we thought that was pretty brave of the temporary coach to switch lines.

I have to admit I actually wasn’t there myself...not being born yet does that to you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The Blues are coming off wins against the Wild x2, CBJ, and Wings. Last time they lost was against Boston 3-0 on Oct. 26. If we bring our A-game for a full 60 minutes, hopefully we catch the Blues more complacent than on a roll. So glad Hughes is back.

We already beat them once, so I say we beat them again.  5-2 for Canucks!!!:canucks:

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pavel was so incredibly fast, while carrying the puck.  I think the closest to him now would be McDavid.  Both guys are just electric, when carrying the puck at top speed.  I think Pavel stood out more, because there weren't any players even close to him speed wise, especially on D.  Today, if Pavel's speed was adjusted for now, he's be 10 miles per hour faster, which would give him the separation he had in the early 90's.  He's be a friggin' blue, with top speeds over 50 km.  

Pavel was a much tougher player than McPouty too. 

• Upvote 1