The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TJ BRODIE Collapses at practice

Rate this topic

Squamfan

57 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

POTD!

edit: & good luck to this fine D vet. Hate hearing these stories..even if it's a big rival

I agree.

i can’t help myself with humour attempts and @Alflives lobbed that one up for me.

but best wishes to TjB and his whole family who I’m sure are pretty scared right now.

Edited by riffraff
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

If it's heart related, TJ needs to walk away from the game.  There's way more to life than hockey if health is a concern.

It would have been a lot easier decision if he wasn't an impending UFA. He was probably planning on a big payday to set his future come July 1st.

Goes to show we can plan all we want, but then life happens...

56 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I think febrile seizures are really rare in people over the age of like 6

Yes, but not unheard of.  Hopefully just a fluke cause. Exhaustion, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance or some other simple cause

• Upvote 1

From the Flames website:

"He's feeling good. He's sore," Treliving said. "All of the tests that have been done to date have come back negative. He's doing well ... we're not going to leave any stone unturned in terms of the tests that we go through."

"An event like this can be caused by something inside the brain, something scary, and it can also be caused by syncope or fainting episodes. The reasons for why people faint are many," Dr. Auld added.

"I don't think we have all the answers yet and we still have a few more tests to go but all the early indications are that it's very likely more related to a fainting episode than something significant and inside the brain."

There is no set timetable for Brodie's return.

"We're going to go through the process of checking every box and make sure we administer every test. But he's come through everything thus far and doing well, feeling good. He's on the mend. He will obviously not travel with us today as we head to Arizona and Las Vegas. He will stay under the supervision of our medical team led by Ian."

• Upvote 2

On 11/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, PuckFather said:

dehydration and fever

Low blood sugar? Coul be a diabetic issue or hypoglycaemia?

On 11/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, Alflives said:

Maybe that's all this is then, and Brodie is going to A Okay after some rest

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:23 PM, D-Money said:

It would have been a lot easier decision if he wasn't an impending UFA. He was probably planning on a big payday to set his future come July 1st.

Goes to show we can plan all we want, but then life happens...

He's made about $30M in his career.  I'm sure he'll be fine financially if he walked away now.  Health and family is more important than the game.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, mll said:

From the Flames website:

"He's feeling good. He's sore," Treliving said. "All of the tests that have been done to date have come back negative. He's doing well ... we're not going to leave any stone unturned in terms of the tests that we go through."

"An event like this can be caused by something inside the brain, something scary, and it can also be caused by syncope or fainting episodes. The reasons for why people faint are many," Dr. Auld added.

"I don't think we have all the answers yet and we still have a few more tests to go but all the early indications are that it's very likely more related to a fainting episode than something significant and inside the brain."

There is no set timetable for Brodie's return.

"We're going to go through the process of checking every box and make sure we administer every test. But he's come through everything thus far and doing well, feeling good. He's on the mend. He will obviously not travel with us today as we head to Arizona and Las Vegas. He will stay under the supervision of our medical team led by Ian."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEgAeEKSlN_FZg0aoDVww

Related?

dr.ianauld_headshot.jpg

On 11/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, spur1 said:

Had a friend go down on the catwalk at work. Turned out to be a brain tumour. He died from it a while later. 

Knew a fella from work that was playing baseball on his days off. He's in the outfield, runs for a fly out and while making the catch falls down. Every body happy that he got the third out. Sadly the guy never got up. Had a heart condition that most tests could not find, till he died.

• Thanks 1