The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Stars, November 19, 2019 -- On the Road Again Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

5 hours ago, falcons said:

Dont think he will move the needle much. Need shrimp Louie out and motte back to recharge the fourth line. Looking forward to seeing ferland and Roussel in the lineup aswell.

Sutter should rest his groin and let Gaudette finish the season...

Having Beagle back is huge. It frees up Horvat to focus on offense rather than worrying about playing a shut down roll and the PK.  We will actually have two offensive lines again!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Edler(A)-Myers
Hughes-Tanev(A)
Benn-Stecher

Markstrom

Would've loved to see Zach playing with Schaller and Beagle but I'm hoping for a lot of good little things out of Louie.  

We're missing a lot of grit with Roussell and Motte out, can't wait to see those two back in the lineup.  

Let's see if anyone stands up to Jaimie Benn today, he challenged Virtanen multiple times last game to no avail. 

47 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Take Mckinnon for example:

Drafted 1st overall 2013.

63 pts 82 games rookie year draft plus one

38 pts in 64 games draft plus two (EP had 66 in his draft plus two rookie year)

52 pts in 72 games draft plus three

53 pts in 82 games draft plus four (off season training with Crosby .... drum roll)

97 pts in 74 games draft plus five - joins the elite 

99 pts in 82 games ... draft plus six.

EPs already on track to obliterate his totals from early on, if he can stay healthy it’s almost a certainty he will join the elite soon if he hasn’t already - a few NHL.com writers actually picked him a few weeks ago to win the Art Ross and Hart this year.  

We’ve got three years on COL before we catch up to this version of their rebuild...which incidentally had been going on since Forsberg went to PHI. 

What I read in this is Petey should train with Crosby this upcoming summer :bigblush:

• Cheers 1

I know we haven’t played great against the stars (last year we did alright) for what seems like since Tom Gaglardi took over. I always feel like he gives the players a little extra something if they take the W away from Aquilini just as he took away the Canucks from their partnership. Anyways long story short Stars have certainly had our number in the past seasons. I remember Schaller had all his goals last year against the Stars. We will see what happens tonight but I have a feeling we are going to be coming into big D hungry. 

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Edler(A)-Myers
Hughes-Tanev(A)
Benn-Stecher

Markstrom

Last game I said I was stoked to see gaudette paired up with some offensive players, and how he was getting fired up. 
@bree2 gave me the confused look.  
He scored two goals.  Hahahaha

Still confused?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

Sorry, until LE is off the team for good, and not eating 6 million towards a potential finishing piece for a Cup run, he's fair game.  And if you think he has zero effect, then that is by definition a negative. Every player on a winning team has to have an effect in a positive way, from the first line down to the fourth, and the goaltender and D. To not even achieve that is not "fine".  Also the fact that he is played "limited minutes", that Green doesn't trust him with more, further devalues him to the team, and the minutes other players have to play to fill in for him. 

Is he going to sabotage the team? No of course not. Its not a huge deal, thank gawd we still don't rely on him to help carry our first line. I just think that anyone is better at this point. I just can't feel sorry for the guy. He's already scooped up 27 million of cap space from us which could have gone elsewhere.  (edit: minus bonuses, so something like 20 mill of cap at this point)  I think he's lost all confidence, which I feel some sympathy about, but he's also been paid handsomely for showing up and going through the motions.  And so if he has "zero effect", I"d rather have in either Graovac, or another Utica prospect up here to help develop towards our future.

GO LOUIE GO!  

(as in retire please)

Not that I'm defending LE but you can't really blame him for the contract. If someone came along and offered you a long term contract for more than you'd ever earned in your entire career when you were already in your 30's and past your prime you would take it too. It's on JB. Hopefully it's a gaff he will NEVER REPEAT AGAIN.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Loui is still a Canuck, and if he didn't have any value, he wouldn't be playing. I know he gets a real hard time here, because he makes more than almost everyone else on the team. Not his fault though. He's still a good checker, and he had been in on some offence over the last couple of games. Just not going his way. The thing is, he's now one of the  the old guys on the team, and the young stars are showing they are the future by providing a lot of the exciting offence. If Loui helps to stop one goal with his checking or helps the PK, then good job.

I agree.  I think most people that complain about Loui have some one they work with that makes twice as much money and does half the work!

3 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Not that I'm defending LE but you can't really blame him for the contract. If someone came along and offered you a long term contract for more than you'd ever earned in your entire career when you were already in your 30's and past your prime you would take it too. It's on JB. Hopefully it's a gaff he will NEVER REPEAT AGAIN.

I think we're beyond the contract now, we need every swing #@%$ manning a spot to help us win. We are not good enough to carry passengers.

On the question ofvwhether Louie needs to sit and give Zack a shot. Hopefully that happens on the trip. Look I don't hate Louie but he's averaging 10 mins a game and has 0 goals  0 assists and 0 points. Lord knows he's not physical so his contribution is being on the pk somewhat and the nefarious "little things" lol.  

Id like to see a younger guy get a shot to work his butt off bring some physicality and try to make a difference.  Couple games this trip. What would that hurt Green?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Last game I said I was stoked to see gaudette paired up with some offensive players, and how he was getting fired up. 
@bree2 gave me the confused look.  
He scored two goals.  Hahahaha

Still confused?

Awesome. 

I’d like to see 88, 9 and 57 as the second option in OT. 

Gaud deserves that chance. 

• Upvote 1