The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Oilers, November 30, 2019 -- B2B Part 1 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Loui's not been used in a top 6 role. Its a shutdown role with Bo as our #1 shutdown center right now.

Assuming Green wants to focus on shutting down McJesus  and Dryscle with this line.

If Sutter or Beagle was in , Loui would probably be on one of those lines shutting down their top 2 guys.

Playing with bo at all is a treat in my books.

jake doesn't get to play with bo for long and his played a lot better then loui 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m okay with it.

I see this as more of a demotion to players like Pearson and Leivo who need to step their game up.

Both of whom have still been more of a factor than Eriksson this season. Literally any other forward on the roster is more deserving. 

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m okay with it.

I see this as more of a demotion to players like Pearson and Leivo who need to step their game up.

They will be moved when our LTIR logjam moves.

But I am okay also with Eriksson being brought in.  For as boring a game as he plays, its also very safe and reliable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Like uhh, y'know, obviously this ain't time for tired cliches. That said, we gotta' give 110 & get the puck in deep, cos' our bax are to the wall.

& pants..gotta remember then two put their pants on one leg..(oh darn, scratch that!) Edm sources recently tol'me these two guys actually hop up in the air & Land right in their f***in' pants(like Tom Selleck leapin into a freeken convertible). Sorry to digress, let's just forget about these cliches, eh? We gotta' good young team, that Can really shut it down!(why be nervous?!)

GCG!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I'd put in Schaller instead of Eriksson.  I wouldn't have said that last year, but he's been very engaged in every game this year. Much more noticeable than Louie. And a very good defensive player. Heck, I thought MacEwen even deserved another shot there before Louie.

Is this JB orders?  Still trying to keep Louie in the spotlight so some other idiot GM from and eastern team will be fooled into taking him and his contract on?  I don't get it.  I can't wait until some of the other boys get back in, and Louie is back warming the seats.

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'd put in Schaller instead of Eriksson.  I wouldn't have said that last year, but he's been very engaged in every game this year. Much more noticeable than Louie. And a very good defensive player. Heck, I thought MacEwen even deserved another shot there before Louie.

Is this JB orders?  Still trying to keep Louie in the spotlight so some other idiot GM from and eastern team will be fooled into taking him and his contract on?  I don't get it.  I can't wait until some of the other boys get back in, and Louie is back warming the seats.

Schaller is playing on the 4th line. It's Goldobin who will be sitting 

• Cheers 1

Had Eriksson been in the last game, we might not have scored six, but its barely going out on a limb to say that we wouldn't have given up eight either!

Green shortened the bench way too early last game (started when the line blender went into effect).

By the time Malkin split us wide open, the team was gassed, and that's pretty much 100% on Green.

At least he seems to be learning from his mistakes.

Goldobin wasn't given much of a chance to succeed, again, but well, that's pretty much on him for his myriad other chances he was given. 

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Nuge is out. Oilers are even more of a one line team than usual.  This is Greens call 100% to put Louie on Horvat line.  It's the key to the game picking the right guys to try to shut down mcdavids line.

Gonna be real interesting to see.. 

Nuge is out? Does he have cat scratch fever?

Edited by Timbermen

3 hours ago, Darius said:

I got a brother in law who is a coilers fan, hes missing a tooth, wears sweat pants to formal events, plays the banjo, and needs a ladder to get into his truck (no joking here)...we bet a bottle o booze on each Canucks / Coilers game...if there is one team I hate losing to (besides the flames) its the coil.

I like sweat pants. 

I play banjo.

:(

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Leivo-Bo-Gaudette

Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Ferland-Beagle-Schaller

If everyones healthy

right now u dont get those options so Bo will have to play shutdown line.

Id still like to keep Miller-Petey-brock

shutdown is Pearson-Bo-Virt

semi-offense is Leivo-Gaud-Goldy/Eriksson

0-0 line is Schaller-Graovac-Macewen

I do wonder what Goldy will bring....but the team is lacking defensive C atm so it feels a bit uneasy with the 3rd and 4th line.