The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Oilers, November 30, 2019 -- B2B Part 1 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

end of a road trip against oh just the top 2 leading scorers in the league that's almost avging 2 points a game each.. with the way we've been giving up goals and not showing up the first 20 mins of the game and sitting back if we have the lead? prolly get blown out both games. hope i'm wrong but it is the end of a long road trip with lots of travel.

9 hours ago, J-P said:

Lots of talk about Jake’s hockey IQ. That’s warranted regarding offense, although his overall game is coming along nicely, but the issue is more that Jake needs to realize what kind of player he is. Hit, check, and when the puck is on your stick give it to EP and head for the net. 

Also, the recent skid is bad but last time I checked we were still in the playoffs. 3 pts in 2 games vs oilers and then over 500 on the home stand and we are on good foot again. 

You must not have checked before you posted this...the Canucks are 10th in the conference after last nights games and could drop a couple of more spots if they don't get some points against the Oilers this weekend.

6 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

You must not have checked before you posted this...the Canucks are 10th in the conference after last nights games and could drop a couple of more spots if they don't get some points against the Oilers this weekend.

I think that's his point.  Top three in our division goes in no matter what - some of the teams around us we have games on (both Vegas and SJ are sneaking in for sure) and even CAL isn't far off now.   We need these wins - the other shoe hasn't dropped yet with McDavid playing the best hockey of his career, same with his side-kick - but it might and these four points are definitely important (both in separating ourselves from the pack again and even head to head against EDM - still hard to believe they are for real ... although they sure look like it now).   

Every game against division rivals are crucial ones.  These back to back game are great for building rivalries and for their importance in the standings ... Miller better get the boys going.

8 hours ago, xereau said:

Miller Petey Boeser

Jake Bo Gaudette

Roussel Sutter Ferland

Schaller Beagle Motte

This is how you work Gaudette into the top 6.

Pearson + Leivo most likely forwards to be moved if Benning wants to keep #88 up for good.

Keep Loui as 13th.

Long as we have Sutter and Beagle we can and should use Gaud as a winger, he’s already creeping up the points column. Could be near the top if he stays up the rest of the season

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Sam Gagner 2nd line center lol?  I don't care how good Cizzle McDizzle's line is the Nucks need to expose these clowns.  Go Nucks!

If we don't get some depth scoring, I predict massive meltdowns and hissy-fits.

But I'll just keep my rage to a tantrum.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

If we don't get some depth scoring, I predict massive meltdowns and hissy-fits.

But I'll just keep my rage to a tantrum.

Your attempt at self control is admirable. Of course, we will have to wait and see how that goes.