The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Maple Leafs @ Canucks - Dec 10, 2019 - 7pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

Jack in the box

27 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's all PROOF that we did(over many yrs) execute a tactically-brilliant, Stealth-Rebuild!

18 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Benning has done a great job building the depth you speak of.

Craig Button concurs; he prefers the Canucks' rebuild over the Leafs':

https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/playlist/listen-21708.html

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I don’t hate the Leafs (the team). Their fans on the other hand are unbearable. I’m sure the same could be said about us fans, if I lived in a different city and cheered on a different team.

To me its less about the fans and more about the organization, thinking the leafs are Canada's team (Babcock said it himself) when there are 7 teams in Canada equally.

Never been a fan of Shanny either well before he started with the Leafs and now over paying players and coaches alike.

Just the attitude.

Leafs fans honestly have been extremely patient considering the last 20 years of pain they've endured.

anyway hoping the Canucks bring not only the offense but our physicality down on them hard like we should with "a team like that" lol

51 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

No, it just means it isn't fair treatment. Jealous means you rather be the team getting all the attention and that is not the case. I just want fair media coverage for all teams.

jeal·ous
/ˈjeləs/
adjective

feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
       fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions.
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

24177836_1955251281406609_1895406661573541888_n.thumb.jpg.fe48787bcfb48da71793cda5e9698196.jpg

for 3rd year in a row me and my buddy going with these outfits on! the reactions from the leafs fans are priceless. oh yeah we're 2-0 against them when we have em on, just saying!! lets make that 3-0 shall we? GCG :towel:

This is gold.

11 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Leafs fans honestly have been extremely patient considering the last 20 years of pain they've endured.

100% and sometime this isn't considered, how long Leafs fans have been waiting, not only for a(nother) Cup, but to even get back to the SCF. They haven't been there since 1967.  The Canucks have been to the SCF 3 times since 1970. The Leafs have sucked for decades, and it must be tough to be a fan of that mess.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:
jeal·ous
/ˈjeləs/
adjective

feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
       fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions.

Whatever you want to call it you can call it. I am not back in an English class, no need to pull out a dictionary.

15 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Craig Button concurs; he prefers the Canucks' rebuild over the Leafs':

https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/playlist/listen-21708.html

Thanks GC..that was a nice listen. Gonna mull this over as I head out the door, cycling around Osaka. We no longer have to urge Craig to Button it!

You GDT kids BEHAVE now!..let's all remain stylishly graceful(full of humbility!) as we kick the Laffs' overpaid @$$es!!!! peace to all :^)

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Whatever you want to call it you can call it. I am not back in an English class, no need to pull out a dictionary.

All I’m saying, is if you weren’t jealous, then you wouldn’t care if they got all the media attention.

• Haha 1

A leafs game in Vancouver and not at 4pm or earlier.... what the &$#@.

hope these poor leafs and there terrible travel schedule can manage without  to much whining. I feel just terrible that the game is so late for those always wronged leafs and there Fans. 

Hopefully  the Nucks play a full 60 and give markstrom some help. Nucks are Tough team to beat when they do. 

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Jay Beagle

Love Demko messing with Beagle!! 

Listening to the Utica Comets podcast last year, the host would always ask his guest who the biggest chirper on the team was. Everybody's answer was Demko. Really hoping we get him mic'd up for a game this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

FTFY shiznak

All I’m saying, is if you weren’t jealous didn't own a TV, then you wouldn’t care if they got all the media attention.

It would be like when I was young and me and my little sister were given 6 cookies to share as a treat. My greedy pig of a sister (TOR) took all 6 while I (VAN) scraped up the crumbs. 

Am I jealous, or just annoyed with her fat face?  (for the record, my sister's face isn't fat)

You’d be annoyed she took your cookies, but also have the feeling of jealousy that she has all the cookies, while you have none.

I mean, the words are pretty much similar to one another. 

Edited by shiznak

28 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not really.

It's not jealousy...more irritation/aggravation because it gets awfully tiring hearing the same ol' Leaf stuff regurgitated for days on end.

I mean, I think it gave me the flu.

They’re ways of tune things out.

Sportsnet TSN showing Leafs highlights and stories at the top of the hour, doesn’t stop me from watching a Leafs game,  or picking Leafs players in my fantasy league.

If Sportsnet and TSN were based in Vancouver, I’m sure it would be the other way around.

Edited by shiznak