The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Maple Leafs @ Canucks - Dec 10, 2019 - 7pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

Jack in the box

Morgan Reilly's got such a punchable face doesn't he? just got that arrogant look to him. 

he still hasn't paid for the dirty blindside hit he threw on Hansen!! 

I hope our players play with some hate tonight and really pound these softies. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, shiznak said:

You’d be annoyed she took your cookies, but also have the feeling of jealousy that she has all the cookies, while you have none.

I mean, the words are pretty much similar to one another. 

No...we'd be annoyed if every single person talked about cookies 24-7 because it's time to get over it at some point.  That's the takeaway in this.

• Upvote 2

Last night I saw the Laffs boys (Matthews, Marner, Andersen, Rielly) at the gelato shop attached to the Fairmont... twice!
Not even joking. They were leaving when I went by on my coffee break, and were going back in for more when I was done my work shift.

I guess without Babcock harping on them, the pregame diet now includes ice cream.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Scoreboard extravaganza tonight.

Edm hosting Carolina. Canes are a handful.

Calgary and Arizona, just hope it doesn't go to OT.

Chicago is in Vegas, and we need the old guys to get it done tonight.

image.png.71dace04c929f781798fb3be317131e1.png

Oh, we all know that Calgary Arizona game is going to OT.  I'd bet money on it if I wasn't a cheapskate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nergish said:

Last night I saw the Laffs boys (Matthews, Marner, Andersen, Rielly) at the gelato shop attached to the Fairmont... twice!
Not even joking. They were leaving when I went by on my coffee break, and were going back in for more when I was done my work shift.

I guess without Babcock harping on them, the pregame diet now includes ice cream.

Probably some of that new avacado ice cream, the hipsters have officially taken over 

53 minutes ago, shiznak said:

All I’m saying, is if you weren’t jealous, then you wouldn’t care if they got all the media attention.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it for me, it's just annoying. At the beginning of the season i watched Tim and Squid or some some other show hoping for some Canucks news and sat through the whole show because they said they'd talk about the Canucks early in the show. They preceded to talk about the Marner signing for a whole half an hour and didn't even mention the Canucks again. That was the last time i watched that show.                                                                                                                                                   Not Jealousy, i could care less if they talked about the Leafs 24/7 , annoying because Rogers owns the rights and refuses to split the coverage regionally. Even if they have some 'expert' cover the Canucks, they're just doing it because they have to. We used to have Sportspage w/ Don Taylor, he was funny, informative and a Vancouver guy. Why can't we have a show like that? They would talk Canucks for a full half hour. Also there was a couple call in shows, one that Darcy Rota hosted. We used to get more coverage with 1/10th the amount of channels. It's ridiculous to pay for 7 sports channels and not one of them can have some local coverage other than when the games on. Why, does Rogers hold rights to NHL coverage like the CBC with the Olympics? If that's the case they should stop being so cheap and do some regional coverage instead of force feeding us Leafs news all the time. They even pre-empted the Sedins retirement ceremony because they thought we'd rather watch the end of a Leafs game. Arrogant and Clueless.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No...we'd be annoyed if every single person talked about cookies 24-7 because it's time to get over it at some point.  That's the takeaway in this.

13 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Jealousy has nothing to do with it for me, it's just annoying. At the beginning of the season i watched Tim and Squid or some some other show hoping for some Canucks news and sat through the whole show because they said they'd talk about the Canucks early in the show. They preceded to talk about the Marner signing for a whole half an hour and didn't even mention the Canucks again. That was the last time i watched that show.                                                                                                                                                   Not Jealousy, i could care less if they talked about the Leafs 24/7 , annoying because Rogers owns the rights and refuses to split the coverage regionally. Even if they have some 'expert' cover the Canucks, they're just doing it because they have to. We used to have Sportspage w/ Don Taylor, he was funny, informative and a Vancouver guy. Why can't we have a show like that? They would talk Canucks for a full half hour. Also there was a couple call in shows, one that Darcy Rota hosted. We used to get more coverage with 1/10th the amount of channels. It's ridiculous to pay for 7 sports channels and not one of them can have some local coverage other than when the games on. Why, does Rogers hold rights to NHL coverage like the CBC with the Olympics? If that's the case they should stop being so cheap and do some regional coverage instead of force feeding us Leafs news all the time. They even pre-empted the Sedins retirement ceremony because they thought we'd rather watch the end of a Leafs game. Arrogant and Clueless.

It’s simple, TSN and Sportsnet is a Toronto based company. Therefore, they do most of their coverage on Toronto teams. While they have other units in other regions. Most of their viewership comes from  easterners/Leaf fans and that’s why sometimes the we get the short end of the stick. It wouldn’t be any different it the roles were reverse and that’s why we no longer have a primetime Sportsnet show on the west coast anymore. Since no one outside of a Vancouver watches it. 

Joe Buck said it best. "If you think there is a perceived East Coast bias, guess what? You're right. That's where people are watching, that's where the numbers are."

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Wait the game is at 7 o’clock in Vancouver? The leafs should be tired as it is past their bedtime

is this a first?

Don't be so ridiculous.

The leafs played a 7pm pacific game against the Canucks in 1937.....come on......

:ph34r:

Canucks should win this. The Leafs defence is awful so Green should have no problem getting his favourable matchups. But then again this is Travis Green we're talking about.

If we give the Leafs free entries into our zone/odd man rushes like we have been surrendering to a lot of teams this season, it'll be curtains early.